Hi,I want to know, does teamsite estabishes any connection with OD base server when I invoked data deployment thru workflow ?
As, I can use OD standalone, I do not need teamsite.
Also, If yes, which connection does it esablish (TCP) ?
Hi, nipper.thanks for the help.I would like to know about a OD used in Edition compares of Teamsite.In this case, does OD need to make any connection with TS server or it simply takes the edition data as on a any drive (Y.
Internally, I *think* it reads the current and previous editions from the Y: drive or /iwmnt. From that it determines the differences and then deploys those. However it may use some internal command (like iwrlog or iwlist) to determine the differences. Andy
thanks for you help guys.Its making bit clear to me. For any simple deployments there is no need of connection between TS and OD. But for any special deployments (Edition compare) there need to be a connection setup betn them. Is this connection also a TCP one ? this question came to me, because I had asked a question about how the connection is made betn TS ,its componets and OD ?
I think, from the OD documentation, it uses RMI to execute itself.If any body having any concrete idea on this.Can you help me in confirming this ?