Hi,I'm working on T.S 6.5 in Windows 2003.We have to migrate Documents(around 500-600) from one server to another. Each document has 20-30 EAs tied to them. We have written a script to rip the EA from the source server and stored them as text with customized format(Embedded with CLT iwextattr). Then we move the Text file to destination server and run another program which reads the text and runs the commands in it.Problem Statement:----------------------The issue is, after running 3500-4000 CLT commands the server stops responding. The error we are getting is "Couldnot connect to teamsite Server".After some analysis we found that 3500 CLT(iwextattr) commands can be executed at single shot, and need to wait for 5-10 mins and execute the another batch of 3500 commands...(This 3500 differs with server. In our QA server its around 3000, so please don't go with the number).We suspect the thread count that CLT spawns, which is exceeding the max count which Operating System/Teamsite can support. This is merely a theoritical assumption.Help:---------* I would like to get help regarding the reason behind this issue.* If you have any pre-solution, that would be more helpful.Thanks,Reghu.
With the use of iwextattr's -x switch you may assign all 20-30 of your EAs in one call, look for example [post=23246]here[/post].Alternatively you may use Java/CSSDK to access TSServer and all of it in the single thread.
Bo, that link was not to what I was expecting, you may want to recheck the link. I think I know which thread you were referencing.
Hi,This is one great improvement related to performance...One thing annoying is , EA XML has to be fed as String argument rather than File reference. Thanks,Reghu.
you can pipe it to iwextattr...
When I tried to use EA XML file reference(File Path) in the place of $EA_xml, it didn't work. As I mentioned, if the file contents are provided as string its working...if (open(PIPE, "|$iwextattr -s -x $file")){ print PIPE $EA_xml; close(PIPE); } else { print("EAs failed on $file ") ; }When you meant use STDIN to PIPE it to iwextattr, is it something different from above? Providing XML file reference in the Command prompt? Please advise...Thanks for your time...Thanks,Reghu.