Hi All,I have a branch called Branch_A and it is configured to use submit locking.Branch_ASTAGINGWorkarea_AWorkarea_BCurrently, if a user edits and locks a file in Workarea_A, the lock is reflected on the same file in Workarea_B.Is there a way prevent the file in Workarea_B from being locked by a user in Workarea_A?I'm trying to submit the file from Workarea_B to STAGING through workflow but keep getting the "Lock File Conflict" message because the file is locked in Workarea_A. I have tried skipping this confict by setting the attributes unlock = "t" and skiplocked = "t" in the element in workflow without success.
Basically I would like to prevent the file in Workarea_B from being locked by a user in Workarea_A. I have considered creating a separate branch for my submission but I need both workareas to share the same STAGING area. So a seprate branch would not work for my case. Thanks for the responses.
Yea, there is no way to prevent the locks. The lock is for a branch not a workarea. Part of your issue may be behavior, how long are locks kept around for ? Normal operation, a file will be locked, changed and submitted. The the lock is removed and the other WA can use it.Also there is a new change in 6.7.1 SP1 where locks happen at the 1st change instead of the edit button. If you have peolpe who click edit and cancel but forget to remove the lock, then this will help.Andy
We get a lot that try to view a file using the edit link and forget to unlock it when they are done viewing.
Yeah it doesn't look like theres a way to prevent those locks. The locks could stay on a file as long as users are editing it. We get a lot that try to view a file using the edit link and forget to unlock it when they are done viewing.There was a question earlier: Could you please provide the Working Environment? The work is being done in Workarea_A and submitted from Workarea_B.Also, tried skipconflicts='t' and that didn't skip the lock conflict. We'll thanks for your responses anyway.