Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Separate work flow for categories in a work flow
lucifer
Hi all,
I want to know if i can define a separate workflow for each category in work area?
If yes, can you please explain how to do it?
I am using TS 5.0.2 on windows 2000 server
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Can you define what you mean by "category"?
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
akshathp
I understand that you are looking for a way to limit the access of a Worlflow to a particular section/directory/folder in a particular workare. Correct me if I am wrong.
If this is correct, then yes it is possible. You could specify in the available_templates.ipl and available_template.cfg the folder to which a particular workflow is to be limited.
Hope this helps.
Akshat Pramod Sharma
Interwoven Inc.
lucifer
thanks
I t works...
Migrateduser
Hi Akshat/ Lucifer,
I tried to check for the folder instead of a branch, but didn't work.
e.g. In the available_templates.cfg, I had following setting
<branch_list>
<branch value='default/main/Prod/WORKAREA/Wa1/Category1' include ='yes'/>
<branch value='all' include ='no'/>
</branch_list>
Where Wa1 is the name of my workarea and Category1 is the name of the folder.
Now if I try start a workflow on a file from Category1 folder, it doesn't show any workflows as the regex match fails.
Is it really possible to check the folder names and not just the branch names?
Thanks
-Ashish
Adam Stoller
using the branch directive for anything beyond a branch vpath has generally worked for New Job and Submit, but not for tt_data.
When in doubt as to what is happening, enable debugging in available_templates.ipl so that you can see what information is getting passed into (and out of) the function for determining what workflows are available.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com