Here is the problem i am having. I have job with 2 tasks. First task just creates xml files and add it to the task so that next task can use it. My second task just takes the files from task and push it to the remote server using opendeploy.It works fine if i have 200 files to generate and push. It doesn't work when i have more files for example around 1400.When i have 1400 files to generate my first task works fine and it generate 1400 files and add it to the task. After that it just sits there it never calls the next task which is the deploy task to remote using opendeploy.Do you think it is a timing issue or there is a limit about how much files you can add it to task. Any ideas?
...[workflow]## Set 'external_task_add_filelist' to false if you want to prevent## TeamSite from adding files to the command line of external task## command callouts. Defaults to true.external_task_add_filelist=false...
I have debug statements after first task...so i know first task is running fine and it is generating 1400 files....I will check other things which you guys telling me and let see what the result i will get...
Hi Fish,I don't have following entry in my wf.cfg file....external_task_add_filelist=falseDo you think thats a problem. Do you think i should have the above entry in wf.cfg file.
I *doubt* that is the issue since your external task is running correctly (at least part of it). AFAIK, this would fail to start the external task.
Nipper - want to bet a sushi dinner (to be provided during GearUp) on this?
Note - this requires that your externaltask script retrieve the list of files associated with the task from the TeamSite::WFtask object and not from @ARGV (since they won't be there anymore)
Sure we have a bet, just don't make me eat any dead fish. Or live ones for that matter.I thought that, since the 1st task works (with 1400) files, then it was not the issue. However it may be that the limit on Deb's system was between 1400 and 2800me
Hmm - perhaps I'm reading something into the original description that isn't actually stated clearly - however, I still think it's the source of the problem - but we won't know until the problem gets resolved and it's reported...
There are actually two limitations here: The maximum number of script parameters and the total command-line String length.We do not know which one has been hit but one of them was (sorry Andy - if you do not like sasimi you'll have to stay hungry).It looks like First Task attaches too many Files and successfully transitions, next one got hosed with OS constraints though.Adam, I'm shocked. You like raw fish? Fish?!!
Thank you guys for all your replies. I will try fish's solution and let you guys know the result. Where do i see logs for these kinds of problems....Thanks
What should be the flag value for the following entry:external_task_add_filelist=falseAs you guys mention before ...I am confuse. What should be the value for above flag... It should be true or false.I know by default its true....so if i don't put anything in iw.cfg file that means its true....
Is it this change will effect other workflows too. We have a development server which is shared by other groups. I just wanted to make sure this change will not effect other groups and there workflows. I am sure they have various tasks within workflow in which they are adding files....since its a system level change...does it going to effect other tasks...ThanksDeb
Yes this will affect all groups. Now I really doubt that anyone actually uses ARGV to get the file names, perl scripts should always use getFiles(); so the impact of the system change should be low. Cannot hurt to let everyone know and retest