Hi,I will devide my requirement in three parts.Part1 &2 is achieved.....I)To give functionality to user so author can directly open that new dcr in edit mode by single click in opened(parent) dcr without traversing to workarea and do regular activity.--- this functionality is achieved.II)To edit child dcr by single click in parent dcr. How can we get child dcr name in parent dcr?----- this functionality is achieved.III)During preview of parent dcr , I want to include child dcr html.Is there any command for it (to process child dcr element) ?If any one has idea about this please reply to me...ThanksShivgaytri
Does the child DCR get processed by the same PT as the parent DCR - or is it processed by a different PT?You can look at things like iwpt_load_dcr() for loading other DCRs by path reference, and iw_include for loading other PTs. If you're looking for something else you need to provide a lot more detail.
thanks Ghoti...now I am able to process child dcr element through parent dcr using iwpt_load_dcr()..But if child dcr is parent of any other dcr and then i want to process all three dcr through parent dcr (means first one...)by the same PT then i have to write a function and call this function every time when child dcr is present.For this how can we use perl sub routine in general tplSample code is attached...
This is why I prefer to write my PTs as all-Perl code - you create subroutines and then build the logic to iterate through and/or recurse through the data you're processing. I find it a lot easier to do this in perl than in XML wrappers for perl code (which is what those tags are)
[html] <br> <iw_iterate list='dcr.Content' var='content'><br> my $head = iwpt_dcr_value('content.TextBoxRoot.TextBoxLabel') ;<br> my $head1 = iwpt_dcr_value('content.TextBoxRoot.TextBoxSize') ;<br>...<br> }<br> </iw_iterate><br> [/html]This code is printing all tags like iwpt_output subroutine .I am not able to trace problem in code.
You cannot use XML tags within the iw_perl tags - if you're going to use Perl, use Perl.
I do'nt have iw_perl doc...
You do have it. Try http: //YourTeamSiteServer/iw/help/tst/pt/TeamSite__PT__iw_perl.html