Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Can metatagger installed on Linux 4.0 ?
srinirao
We have installed teamsite 6.7sp1 on our Linux 4.0 (VM) and TS, OD are running fine.
Now we want to install metatagger 4.x on that server. I have downloaded metataggr 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 (for solaris) version and tried to install. I am seeing errors like below. I have got fundamental question that can I install MT on Linux ? Did I download wrong software ?
Need suggestion and your expertise advise ?
Thanks inadvance
Srini Rao
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
srinirao
Errors:
\nSTEP 3: perform
location-specific substitutions
\t/app/Interwoven/metatagger/private/bin/iwexpandvariables -input /app/Interwoven/metatagger/private/install/templates/bin/iwmtadmin.template -output /app/Interwoven/metatagger/bin/iwmtadmin __MT_JAVA_HOME__ /app/Interwoven/metatagger/private/java __MT_LIBDIR__ /app/Interwoven/metatagger/lib
./iwinstallmt: line 331: /app/Interwoven/metatagger/private/bin/iwexpandvariables: cannot execute binary file
\tchmod +x /app/Interwoven/metatagger/bin/iwmtadmin
chmod: cannot access `/app/Interwoven/metatagger/bin/iwmtadmin': No such file or directory
\t/app/Interwoven/metatagger/private/bin/iwexpandvariables -input /app/Interwoven/metatagger/private/install/templates/bin/iwmtbuild.template -output /app/Interwoven/metatagger/bin/iwmtbuild __MT_JAVA_HOME__ /app/Interwoven/metatagger/private/java __MT_LIBDIR__ /app/Interwoven/metatagger/lib
./iwinstallmt: line 331: /app/Interwoven/metatagger/private/bin/iwexpandvariables: cannot execute binary file
\tchmod +x /app/Interwoven/metatagger/bin/iwmtbuild
chmod: cannot access `/app/Interwoven/metatagger/bin/iwmtbuild': No such file or directory
\t/app/Interwoven/metatagger/private/bin/iwexpandvariables -input /app/Interwoven/metatagger/private/install/templates/bin/iwmtdeploytaxonomy.template -output /app/Interwoven/metatagger/bin/iwmtdeploytaxonomy __MT_JAVA_HOME__ /app/Interwoven/metatagger/private/java __MT_LIBDIR__ /app/Interwoven/metatagger/lib
./iwinstallmt: line 331: /app/Interwoven/metatagger/private/bin/iwexpandvariables: cannot execute binary file
\tchmod +x /app/Interwoven/metatagger/bin/iwmtdeploytaxonomy
chmod: cannot access `/app/Interwoven/metatagger/bin/iwmtdeploytaxonomy': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file `/app/Interwoven/metatagger/mtservletd/webapps/ciadmin/download/mtstudio/mtstudio412Build64930.exe': No such file or directory
Migrateduser
I have got fundamental question that can I install MT on Linux ?
MetaTagger is only supported on Windows and Solaris SPARC platforms.
The error that you quote, are they from a Solaris install?
srinirao
Nope, TS is installed on Linux and trying MT to install on the same machine.
srinirao
Yes, the errors I mentioned are Solaris MT install on Linux 4.0
srinirao
Please let me know how can I proceed further to resolve this issue.
Thanks
Srini Rao
msrinivas
Please refer to this:
http://support.interwoven.com/resources/products/compatibility/metatagger.asp
MT is only supported on Windows and Solaris. You cannot install the Solaris installer on Linux. It doesnt work.
srinirao
Thx for the information.
Can I install MT on another server where there is no TS installed? Is it a must that I should install MT on TS server.
Thanks
Srini Rao
srosewall
You can certainly install MT on another box.
Just configure the server address/IP in iw.cfg.
Cheers,
Stuart
srinirao
Can I install mediabin and metatagger on the same machine ?
Thanks
Srini Rao
msrinivas
Are you just randomly installing products without having a topology etc.? Having said that the general advise is to install products on separate machines. Your life will be much better. Also, you cannot install MB on Solaris/Linux. Its only supported on Windows.
To answer your question yes you can install MB and MT together on the same machine on Windows. However, this is not recommended.
HTH
srinirao
Does MT can be installed on 64 bit windows server ?
Thanks
Srini Rao
msrinivas
I would appreciate if you can please review the link that I provided in the earlier post. In case you are not able to find it, here you go again:
http://support.interwoven.com/resources/products/compatibility/metatagger.asp
This should answer all your questions about supported platforms for MT. Using the links at the top of the page you should be able to get similar information for the rest of Interwoven products.
Please take the time to review this.
Migrateduser
Yes, you can run MB and MT on the same Windows Server.