Hello,I just wanted to ask, if I should install the Patches P2 and P3 before installing the SP1 on my new 6.7.1 installation ?Would be great if someone knows that.regardsJörn
As far as i know, patches are being release in number format as Patch 1811. I have not heard of any patch as P2 and P3 for TS 6.7.1.
I guess he means to say SP2 n SP3 by P2 n P3..
As of now, only SP1 for TS 6.7.1 has been released and is written over everywhere on devnet / support site and devnet newsletter. I could not think of any reason he want to say SP2 or SP3 and said P2 / P3. Though, i can think off about the change in format of releasing patch from Interwoven.
seems like many user are posting their replies just to increase the number of post in their profile. I could not understand the trails of replies without any meaningful inputs....Don't need to write their names...
Seems, you have also done the same thing. As out of ~18000 members of devnet, you are the only one who could not ignore.BTW, i am also doing same as you. ;-)
As per Interwoven Support, You do not need to install Patch 2 and Patch 3 when you have decided to install SP1. SP1 will have all that which were covered in those patches.Thanks
He is working with the technology and he has no need to write just to increase the number of posts. Atleast you should go through his undersign....:mad:You seems best fit for his suggested names.....
Patch 70516 for TeamSite 6.7.1 for SolarisBuild Date: 20070519Build Number: 65953
Note: To download this patch, please refer to TeamSite 6.7.1 Patch 3 in the Product Downloads section of the support site.
Interwoven has MANY parallel patch numbers... when you check Support / Download / Patches / TS 6.7.1, the patches are numbered e.g. Patch ID 1824, Patch ID 1788. When you check the readme for Patch ID 1824, the readme.txt (http://support.interwoven.com/newdownload/download/patches/IWOV-sol-TeamSite-6.7.1-p70516_README.txt) starts by giving another patch number (70516).But this patch is also refered to as Patch 3 (or P3), as e.g. on the patch download page (and other places)The Patch ID number (1814) is unique to the patch AND OS (windows patches have diff Patch ID). I guess Interwoven wants to make the numbering easier and just go with 1,2,3 per product. E.g. the download file for Patch 1814 is called TS6.7.1_P3_Solaris.zip. Patch ID 1788 was also Patch 2, or P2. But (interwoven, please listen), it's terribly annoying that they have 3 parallel numbering systems for Patches, all using similar terminology, and nowhere explaining what's the best one to use in conversation (Support cases, own documentation, ...) :mad: