You need to provide more information and try it yourself. FormAPI, plus possibly a callserver request will do what you need. Callservers are required if the JS needs to read a server asset (i.e. another DCR) to determine what data to populate in the text fields. Also, if you expect a variable number of text fields,, then you will need to do some research on replicants as well.Get the FormAPI manual and start with the examples.Learn how to do the first part, which is set an event handler on the item change (number that is inserted) and have that populate the various fields you desire.Once you have that working see how far you are from completion and if you need help, ask for tips, but no one here will write it for you.
Thanks a lot nipper ! But i am not looking for code. I know how to get the DCR value through js . I want some tip . I want to know how one can create items in the DCT dynamically.In my DCT I have a text box where the user enters a number , lets say 4.Now upon OnItemChange my js gets the value 4 from that text box.I can create a loop to run 4 times and call an ipl (using callserver I guess) 4 times which will substitue the text boxes 4 times in the DCT. Does the above sound OK ? Please suggest if there is a better idea.Thanks
Thanks a lot nipper ! I want to know how one can create items in the DCT dynamically.In my DCT I have a text box where the user enters a number , lets say 4.