Hi All,I want to display some error messeges if some certain condition is not true.I have used an email task for this. Is there any other way to perform this operation more efficiently.regardsKumar Anant
thx for the reply...I am using teamsite 6.7.1 on windows.I want to show the error messege to the user so that he can't continue further.I am checking for the locks on the file . If the file is locked then i want to show an error messege "File is locked.Please try after some time."Is there any way to go with this.
I am using workflow modeller.To chk wether the file is locked or not i am calling an external task if this returns locked status 'true' then I want to display the messesge.
Thx for replying dear,I think I can show this messege using transition comments too.Is there any method using which i can change the font style of this text ...E.g. Bold and Red
what are the other options to show an error messege to the user ???can u suggest me some??
Use a cgitask instead of an externaltask - if the files are locked, display the information in a window, otherwise just callback and gracefully continue (you might need to create / close the CGI window).This assumes that the cgitask follows one of the three conditions that will allow it to run immediately.Alternatively, perhaps do a callServer() call from within a custom DCT for the workflow instantiation form - and then have the script which is called perform the checks and if there are error conditions - have it put up an alert message - (and then figure out a graceful way to terminate the not-yet-fully-instantiated job)
Instead of showing the message in an alert box, Is there any other way to display the message in the custom instantiation screen itself. I'm looking to use something like IWDatacapture.displayMessage('message'). Is this possible in custom instantiation screen ?Thanks,Murugan
Possibly, I haven't tried - have you? (instead of just asking when you could verify it yourself since you're the one looking for it)There are other possible ways of displaying the information - but I think a dialog box tends to be more noticeable than a mode-line message (especially if the user has their browser set up to not display the mode-line - which is, I believe, where displayMessage() does its thing)