Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
date display for replicant items
manju166
I have a reqt where it should display date and time on wepage when everytime a "add replicant" (+) button is clicked or a replicant is modified
for example
date of replicant1 display
replicant 1 data
date of replicant2 display if added or modified
replicant 2 data
date3
relicant3 and so on........
Any help gratefully received
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
james1
This should be possible using FormAPI.
manju166
can u please be more specific with a example if possible
Adam Stoller
If you have TeamSite Templating 5.5.2 on your server, check out
http://servername/iw/help/tst/formapi/
- there's a fair amount of information there, and it would be better if you read that first and then asked questions.
If you don't have 5.5.2 installed - I believe the above documentation is also available on the Interwoven Support site
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=48964
Actually you might want to take a look at the KB even if you do have 5.5.2 installed.
--fish
(Interwoven, Curriculum Development)
manju166
I read the Form Api documentation and i wrote a perl script inside the <script> tags with opening and closing CDATA.
What i mean by example was I have a variable where my current date and time are set and its called $CurrentDateTime.
My question is how would i call variable in the replicant item tags of dct. Is perl script allowed in DCT?
Adam Stoller
I don't have concrete answers - as this is not my area of expertise - but I think you might be able to use a combination of methods such as: the event onItemChange and IWItem.getChildren() to ascertain if/when the number of replicants for a given container have changed and to check to see if the value associated with each replicant has a date item with a "good" value or some such.
I realize the above is rather vague - hopefully it will trigger some ideas for you and/or others reading this forum.
--fish
(Interwoven, Curriculum Development)
manju166
I looked at previous forms and found something similar to my problem and used the example to call my .ipl file but i got the following error while trying to pull up the dcr
A MessageException was thrown: com.interwoven.clientutils100.TMessageException: Error building the requirements for java.io.ByteArrayInputStream@e43fe: CreateProcess: perl \iwtest/iw-home/local/bin/currentdate.ipl error=2
note i am on windowsnt server.
can anyone help please!!
Adam Stoller
The path for the process it was trying to create looks a bit suspect - (1) is perl [or better, iwperl] on the System PATH? (2) I'd think you'd need a drive letter before "\iwtest" (3) I'm a little confused as to why the first slash is '\' and the rest are '/' [I prefer to use '/' as it is generally portable between Windows and Unix within Perl, Java, and I believe JavaScript]
Sorry - no answers - but hopefully the questions will lead to the answer...
--fish
(Interwoven, Curriculum Development)
tik
Register an event whenever user clicks on "+" sign(adds replicant). The event is an OnReplicantAdded or you might use OnReplicantBeforeAdd, and then display the current date and time using javascript .write function. Please read the formAPI manual for the exact syntax of the above two functions.
Capture.PNG
ProcessIN.png
tik
oops just read, you can use OnReplicantDelete /OnReplicantBeforeMove/OnReplicantMoved for any action on the replicant.