Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Add default extension when checking out with download
AnnaRSC
Hi,
When you download an image from MediBin, the default is for the "add default extension" box to be checked. So, if my image is called "bird," I don't have to do anything to end up with "bird.jpg" in my target destination. However, what if you want to do a check-out with download? When I do this, no extension gets added, and I end up with a file called "bird," which I can't open in Photoshop. Help? Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lyman
What client are you using? In my Windows Native Client the box is checked by default.
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd
sarahs
Lyman,
She was using the web client.
Sarah
lyman
I cc'ed the web client expert!
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd
rajpatel
Let me look into this and get back to you.
Raj Patel
Mediabin Web Client
Interwoven, Inc
rajpatel
What version of MediaBin are you running. I just tried to replicate this and was not able to. It should place the default extension on the asset.
AnnaRSC
Hi,
I'm running 4.6.
Thanks,
Anna
AnnaRSC
Are you sure you're not just downloading, but checking the image out "with download"? I don't experience this problem sporadically - it happens every time I try to check out with download. Thanks!
rajpatel
Let me try exactly your steps.
Raj
rajpatel
Anna
I carried out a check-out with download, the link that pops up includes the extenson even though the screen previous did not allow me to specify a file name.
Do you want to get on a live meeting?
Raj
AnnaRSC
Hi Raj,
Thanks, I'd love to do a live meeting, but first, can you just verify these three things? Thanks!
1) you did this in the web client or on the mac desktop client
2) when the asset was inside mediabin, it had no extension
3) when it downloaded externally, it had an extension
When I do these three things, I definitely don't get any popup including the extension...
Thanks!