I've seen that they recommend xml format. But that means a lot of rework for us.I wanted to know about the risk factor associated with continuing with the 'iwov' format.Regards,Mav
is there any CLT to convert the existing DCRs in the store from old format to new format
True but that is an interesting point. Using the DCT could one write a general purpose converter ? It should be pretty easy to write a custom 1 off conversion utility, specific for a single type of DCR.
A few questions from my side---1. There are 1000 plus DCRs. So if I migrate from IWOV to XML, I'll need to create those all over again?2. Correspondingly, Changes have to be made in PT as well?3. Will it require update in database schema as well(Datadeploy is in place)?Regards,Mav
1. Yes. One way or another (eg, manually and/or with some scripts) you would have to transform IWOV Format into XML.2. Depends. In any case, you are looking at massive regression testing. That should include pretty much every piece of non-OOTB code: PTs, FormAPI, CGI, JS, Java/JSP, PMs, Open/Data Deployments and Workflows. That is not to say you would have to modify all of it (or even any of it!). You would have to test your overall CMS implementation though and fix what's broken.3. Depends. If you do not go overboard with your custom DTDs, DB Schema proper can (usually) survive. DB populationmechanisms and stored procedures may be another story, see above.That's serious resource investment, may I ask what are you planning to gain from all that?