Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Teamsite Workarea access
Ken3992927
Hi I'm new to teamsite and having trouble setting up the user read access for our Teamsite projects.
Issue 1
----------
Teamsite 6.5 SP 3
Windows Server 2003
There are 10 branches, with a workarea in each branch, owner of branch and workarea is administrator. I want to add a new group called Editors (the users in this group has the role of Editor) that can access these workareas to view the file but no modify rights.
Currently when a member of Editor logs in, they can see the workarea but it is grayed out. Is there anyway to grant read access? I've tried granting Read access to the folder via the file system but that get removed as soon as I hit apply.
The settings for security in iw.cfg are as follows.
branch_security=false
workarea_security=false
Issue 2
--------------
Teamsite 6.7.1 SP1
Windows Server 2003 R2
I have 2 workareas in the same branch, WorkA and WorkB, and 2 groups GroupA and GroupB. I want workarea WorkA to be accessible only by Admin and GroupA and WorkB by Admin and GroupB.
I've altered the group owners and made it private but GroupA can still access WorkB and vice versa. I've changed to iw.cfg to turn branch and work security on.
I've been spending most of the day reading posts and trying different things but still getting nowhere. Thanks for any pointers on these issues.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Ken3992927
I've come to a solution for issue 1 but am not sure if this is the recommended method. First grant group ownership to Editor group, then remove all but Read permission for the group in the workarea.
RonaldV
Hi Ken,
welcome to the forum.
Quite frankly, I think that the whole branch and wa access/permission stuff is a big undocumented mess. I really don't see why Interwoven (after say 10 ? years) have never come up with proper documentation on how exactly this access works. To make it worse the mechanism is different between TS on win and Ts on sol. Can Iwov step in here?
This really makes it a trial-and-error thing. :-(
Anyway, on windows, I would try this:
1. create a "all_users" group that contains ALL users that have some sort of access to anything in this branch. Use this group for "group for sharing" of the WA.
2. Create 1 or more groups (as desired by your specs). Let's say 1 group 'power_users" that need rw-access and one group "read_only" that needs r-access
3. Use the submit-filter (submit.cfg, see manual) to set a fine-tuned access-privileges system to your files in the WA.
Goo luck, ROnald