I've written a custom web app that uses some of the custom URL commands supplied with ContentCenter. The URL commands work fine for me and other users - they perform exactly the way I would expect them to. However, some users who have tested the web app get an extra window (when using the "submit" command) and a window that won't close (when using the "newjob" command).
Regarding the extra window with the "submit" commandHere is an example command URL:
http://teamsite.weyer.com/iw-cc/submit?vpath=/default/main/Internal/Intranet/20yearclub/WORKAREA/20yearclub/templatedata/site/site administration/data/siteinfo&iw_sessionstring=[...]
When I use this URL it goes straight to the workflow selection screen where I can choose which workflow to use for submission. However, some users get an intermediary screen where you can choose to "Submit", "Submit Additional Files" or "Keep as Work in Progress" as well as create a new job or add it to an existing job. Once complete, they get a "Submission succeeded" screen with a checkbox allowing them to add the file to their "My Favorites" and a "Done" button. The worst part is that if there are multiple files submitted using a URL like this, it works fine for me, but for these other users it strips off all but the first file and only submits that one. I cannot for the life of me figure out why they get these extra screens and I do not. Obviously I would prefer that they do not get these screens.
Regarding the window that doesn't close with the "newjob" commandHere is an example command URL:
http://teamsite.weyer.com/iw-cc/newjob?vpath=/default/main/Internal/Intranet/20yearclub/WORKAREA/20yearclub/templatedata/site/site administration/data/siteinfo&iw_template_file=wfb/Intranet_Delete.wft&iw_sessionstring=[...]
When I use this URL it fires off the job and the window closes. However, some users get a window with the message:
[highlight]Operation Successful
The operation has completed successfully but was unable to close this window. Please close it manually.[/highlight]
And it has "Next >>" and "Cancel" buttons on it which is thoroughly confusing to the users. I would prefer that they not see this window.
In both cases I have specifically not assigned a done_page because the windows opened are new ones and I want them to close when the command is complete. I've gone through the IE settings and compared mine to these users hoping to find some difference, but they are identical. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the difference in the way these URL commands behave? Thanks.