Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DataDeploy service problems
plazm
Greetings!
I am trying to run DataDeploy daemon for the 3-tier model. It works pretty much OK if I run it in NT cmd window, but I cannot set it up as a service. I have edited /conf/daemon.cfg to force my address and port number, but I cannot override runmode=serialdaemon which makes it fail on a first connect. How can I change DataDeploy NT service parameters?
Also, there are the following problems:
1) If there are any back slashes in file paths, iwdd.ipl does not read metedata if invoked from a workflow task (these metadata read problems are giving me pain in the neck). It just returns NULLs.
2) In the manual it says that if there no iwsyncdb.cfg it will run in the 3-tier mode. Noway! It fails with the exception "cannot open iwsync.cfg" Duh! If you just create an empty file, it works OK then.
I am using TS and DD 5.5.2.
thanks,
A.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Looks like a genuine issue. DD is expected to be running as a service only for the DAS mode. I will file a bug and follow it up.
plazm
Why only for the DAS module? The manul does not emphasize that. In fact you can run iwdd.ipl in daemon mode. This is what is done by this service, it just spawns iwdd.ipl but with weird parameters (which are not documented though).
A.
Migrateduser
>>>I will file a bug and follow it up.
plazm
More problems...
I have the following <substitution> section in <deployment>
<substitution>
<field name="TeamSite/Metadata/Publish"
match="(\d{4}).(\d{2}).(\d{2})
\d{2})(\d{2})"
replace="$1-$2-$3 $4:$5:00"/>
<field name="TeamSite/Metadata/Expire"
match="(\d{4}).(\d{2}).(\d{2})
\d{2})(\d{2})"
replace="$1-$2-$3 $4:$5:00"/>
<field name="TeamSite/Metadata/Created"
match="(\d{4}).(\d{2}).(\d{2})
\d{2})(\d{2})"
replace="$1-$2-$3 $4:$5:00"/>
</substitution>
The daemon fails with:
ERROR:RecvDeploymentInfo IOException: Writing aborted by exception; java.io.NotS
erializableException: com.oroinc.text.regex.Perl5Compiler
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.interwoven.dd100.dd.TWorker.run(TWorker.java:124)
at com.interwoven.dd100.dd.TReThread.run(TReThread.java:158)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
Also I have problems deploying to Oracle as DATE. This gives me java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01861: literal does not match format string
Is there any specific DATE format string I should use? I know that in data-format I should specify Java SimpleDateFormat compatible string. Does this class transform the string to a specific Oracle date format or does it just denerate proper to_date(...) call?
thanks,
A.
Migrateduser
Since in 3-tier mode, DD client serializes all the java object for the deployment over the socket to the server, all objects must be serializable and the thirdparty package used in performing the substitution isn't. Another bug I guess.
What's the data-format attribute value you specified in the config file? When do you get the SQL exception, during inserts or updates or deletes? Can you copy & paste the whole stack trace?
Migrateduser
did you try setting the runmode=3tier in <ddhome>/conf/iwsyncdb.cfg.
plazm
Hehe ... no I didn't. Simply because it says that the daemon runs in 3-tier mode when iwsyncdb.cfg does not exist, so it makes no sense I guess
plazm
The data format is yyyy/MM/dd:HHmm. Anyway, the problem is solved. This is weird, but you need to restart the daemon if you change a deployment config file. Otherwise it gets really confused and starts to mess up datatypes.
Even now though the datatype is set to DATE, it reports "converting blahblah to TIMESTAMP".
A.
plazm
I've just tried to set it to runmode=3tier. It doesn't help. The service still brings it up as runmode=serialdaemon
Migrateduser
Oracle JDBC driver maps the three different JDBC types (Date, Time and Timestamp) to its DATE data type. Therefore, DataDeploy determines which Java object to create for the date value by looking at the data-format. Because you had HH and mm, it creates a Timestamp object.
plazm
Thanks a lot!
It works so far. The only problem is that sometimes it updates rows even though the data have not been changed. The update mode is "standalone". How does it perform comparisons?
Migrateduser
Actually in DD52x and DD55x, DataDeploy will perform an update *always* when a table contains CLOB/BLOB/DATE columns, even if the values haven't changed. That will be fixed in an upcoming release.