Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
formapi...env variables
hitc
Is there a variable that contain the current workarea and that can be aceesed by formapiscript in the datacapture.cfg?
thx
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Gregg Faus
Try:
parent.gWorkarea
I dumped this code in my datacapture.cfg and it returned the correct workarea:
<script><![CDATA[
alert("workarea = " + parent.gWorkarea);
]]></script>
Initially I thought it would of been in FormAPI, but I didn't find it in the docs (unless I missed it).
KTR
I am planning to pass the one input value to the perl script thru formAPI, but, I am not able to see the passed value in my perl script. I checked all env variables also which did't show the info about that value. pls find the formAPI method and perl script
function onCommunityChanged(item)
{
var parameters = new Object();
parameters = new String(IWDatacapture.getItem("/newCommunity").getValue());;
var server = window.location.hostname;
var url = "http://"+server+"/iw-bin/kttest.ipl";
if (parameters != " ")
{
alert("New Community Name " + parameters);
//alert("Server Name " + url);
IWDatacapture.callServer(url, parameters, true);
}
//isFormValid();
}
-----------
use CGI;
$|=1;
my $in = new CGI;
my $newComm = $in->param('parameters');
open(MYTEST, '>>d:\\iw-home\\local\\bin\\kttest.txt');
foreach my $k(keys %ENV){
print MYTEST "\n $k = $ENV{$k} ";
}
if ($newComm ne ""){
print MYTEST "New Community Name:$newComm\n";
}else {
print MYTEST "NO New Community Name\n";
}
close(MYTEST);
exit 0;
Any help is appreciated...