Hi,Need a help on kernel updates done by Teamsite v6.7.2. If someone knows what are the kernel updates done by TeamSite install on solaris, please let me know that would be a great help.Thanks,
Hi,Thanks a lot for your response. When I checked on our current teamsite I could not find anymodules with below command. bash-2.03$ modinfo | grep iw116 7827542d d70 14 1 iwscn (Workstation Redirection driver )However I found below in /kernel/fs.wfswfs.2.6wfs32.2.7wfs32.2.8wfs64.2.7wfs64.2.8What are the actual modules (any iw** modules)...please.Thanks,
Hey,I beleive you may be trying to upgrade to TS6.7.1 from lower version like TS6.1. If that is the case then you may be instructed to take the backuo of kernal files by support team. Guess you are referring to this.In that case, you have to take the backup of kernal files which are under directory. Suggested to open a case with support team before carrying out this activity.
One of the reasons I wanted to know about kernel is that, I was not clear if the TeamSite could be installed on a multizone server. But with respect to below answer from support I believe we can install on a multizone server but on a global zone only due to kernel issue.Question) Installing TeamSite is not supported on a server that has multiple zones is allowed? (on a single zone)You can only install on global zone on multiple zone serverExplanation:TeamSite doesn't run on multiple zones. The problem is not with the user-level part of TeamSite, but the kernel module (to support the TeamSite filesystem). Since, on a system with multiple zones there is only one kernel, you can't run multiple instances of TeamSite each with a separate kernel module.Please let me know if this answers your questions.Has anyone had experience with installing on a multizone server. Please share your thoughts.Thanks a lot,