Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to apply in context edit for dataums present in Appearance xml
Balaveera Thatikonda
I Applied the In context edit for datum in Appearance xml, but when i click on the display of Datum ( Alt) in In-Context-Mode, it is displaying the following message:
"You cannot edit this content.
Suggestion: Inform your component developer that an unknown property ID was used for in-context editing."
Code in Appearance xsl:
Please find the attachments:appearance.xsl
Code in Appearance xml:
Please find the attachments:appearance.xml
Any Suggestion?.
Thanks Bala
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
TheYann
I don't have any experience with the in-context-edit but is this "/Properties/Datum[
@Name=
'Alt']/
@ID"
is supposed to be the path to the datum you're look for right?
Are you sure you don't have anything missing like "/Properties/Data/Datum..." ?
Balaveera Thatikonda
I am for sure.I am referring the datum in the Appearance xml( "/Properties/Datum[
@Name=
'Alt']/
@ID")
and not in content xml. If I am referring from content xml then you are right (/Properties/Data/Datum..." ).
rexstaples
In-context editing only works for properties in the Content XML.
Balaveera Thatikonda
I am trying to provide In context edit for Image datum in the Content Xml, but could not succeed.Any Suggestions?
Following is the code :
For Appearance XSL:
appearance_xsl.txt
For Context XML:
context_xml.txt
Thanks in advance.
Balaveera
rexstaples
Currently the only Datum types that support in-context editing are: Textarea, String, Number, and DCR.
yuvpurush
"Currently the only Datum types that support in-context editing are: Textarea, String, Number, and DCR"
Are these anywhere documented. If yes, can you pls let me know. Coz, im also trying to implement for an image.
Thanks
Yuv
rexstaples
I verified this was the case in the source code. We are improving the in-context-editing in our current development cycle, so I am curious.
What is your expectation for in-context-editing an image? Do you want to modify the image path and see the image render immediately in the middle of your content?