Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
IWDeployService
reeturaj
After installing OpenDeploy Receiver software when I run any commands like iwodserverreset and iwodserverstatus the error comes up as "Connection could not be extablished to IWDeployService". What could be the probable reason and how can I fix it.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
check your od-home/od.log to see if there are more errors. The error you mention usually means that the odbase server is not started (hard to tell why that may be with just that single error message however).
sajiddc
Also, it would be helpful if you tell us what version n patch level, what OS you are using.
reeturaj
I am providing some more information which might be useful in answering.
The version I am using is 5.5.1 and its Windows2000
I also uninstalled and installed the open deploy software in another drive on the same machine as I thought it might help in solving a separate issue. After that it stopped working.
Appreciate your response
fix540storytellerexportconfigurator.zip
sajiddc
Would it be possible for you to go to "Services" and actually check if the "Interwoven OpenDeploy Service" is running or not. I was able to get the same error when I stopped the service and ran "iwodserverreset" command,
reeturaj
Thanks a lot. It worked perfectly without error. I started the service from the command prompt and was able to run the other commands. I will now test the deployment and let you guys know if I come up with any other issues.
sajiddc
Love it when issues get resolved so quickly.
reeturaj
I installed OpenDeploy Receiver software on another new server. After I started the process in Component Manager it stops immediately. So, I am unable to run any commands. What could be the possible reason for this. The specifications provided earlier applies for this server also.
Appreciate your feedback
sajiddc
Reetu,
Did you reboot after the install? Also, do you have your TEMP and TMP variable set properly? Did you get a chance to check the Application Event Log?
Regards,
reeturaj
Thanks for your response.
After re-installing and starting the process it worked. This time it didn't stop immediately. When I tried to deploy I got the following error:
Connection failed: Could not find matching OpenDeploy client for (server-name of sending machine)
sajiddc
hmm.. are you sure you have the same version of OD on both end? Actually, to be honest, I am kinda confused as to what the real issue is. How about taking a few mins to explain us. Or if you can send us the error log/screen shot that would be great.
Adam Stoller
Can you attach a copy of the IWODHOME/od.log and IWODHOME/log/*_odbase.log and/or IWODHOME/log/*_odrcvr.log
This is still OpenDeploy 5.5.1 on Windows 2000 right?
--fish
(Interwoven, Curriculum Development)