Hi,I am using iwsend_mail.ipl script to send a notification to author or approver. I turned on use_mapping_file to "true", and email_mapping_file=D:\iw-home\local\config\wft\email_map.cfg in iw.cfg file. But after i checked the debug log file, it seemed that user name does not match/map his email address from email_map.cfg. The email_map.cfg is located on our D driver of ts server, which is on above path.Is there anything wrong for the setup? Any replies will be appreciated.AleTS6.7.1 WIN2003
This should be an XML form. The sample file is in iwhome/local/config/wft/solutions (email_map.cfg.example) Also, I do not know if the script reads iw.cfg for the location, you you may need to expermement with the location (or just changed iw.cfg to point to wft/solutions)
How it being called and post part of the email_map fileYou may want to put the script in debug with debug_output=1 in iw.cfg
The log file said:Failure to send Email: Invalid argument at \iw-home\iw-perl\vendor\lib/Mail/Mailer.pm line 266.I have no cule why is line 266 after i checked.Another thing: The same workflow was working well before, but then mailserver was changed, so now i got new mailserver, which is smtp.abc.ca. Is this why does not work currently?But i am concerned about why the email_map.cfg was not mapped.???
telnet smtp-server 25
QUIT
Are you sure the mapping didn't occur?The error message regarding Mail::Mailer is more important - though it's been a long time since I've seen it. It could be related to the change in SMTP server - and perhaps you're unable to connect to it from your TS server (try telnet smtp-server 25 and see if you can connect - depending on the SMTP software you may see some sort of heading indicating that you connected to an SMTP or ESMTP server - or you might not see anything - as long as you don't see a connection error you're probably okay - type QUIT (all-caps) and hit <Enter> to exit gracefully from the telnet session)
Yes, fish. You got point.email_map.cfg was mapped after i tested by different way. Thank you very much.The problem here is SMTP setup, which only working with mailserver IP address, not SMTP host name.Thanks again, fish
That could be fixed on the server - either by configuring the DNS or setting up an explicit entry in the hosts files ... however if you have the IP address you might as well use that for now. If they ever change the IP it will break, but hopefully you'll document this well enough so that whomever has to maintain it (perhaps even you) will be able to reasonably quickly figure out what's happening and how to fix it (again).
Are you sure the mapping didn't occur?
...In the iw.cfg was all set right-->use_mapping_file=true;email_mapping_file=D:\iw-home\local\config\wft\email_map.cfg.I guess the problem might be how to put in "value" of variables element.I tried like:[HTML]1. 2. 3. even which predefined before.[/HTML]Is anything wrong here?Any helps will be appreciated.Ale
Hi there,I am using iwsend_mail.ipl script to notify 3 groups for approval in externaltask.Now i have 2 problems:a. When i put a dynamic group name which was redefined in the attribute owner, it gives me an error, said: task owner is not a valid user. But i tried to put a group name as owner. Is there any way can do it? In the green part of debugging, group name was picked properly.b. Can i use value in the emailtask/externaltask like below:[html] [/html]I knew it is wrong because i got error. I even tried to put 3 lines for mail_to with 3 different value, but only 1 group got email, not all of 3 groups.Any words will be appreciated.AleTS6.7.1 in Win 2003
-t ...
It's been a while since I've looked at the code - but I believe you can simplify the above with:[html][/html]However, if the command line is passing a -t ... flag, I think the command line overrides the task level variables - so you want to simply remove that flag (and its associated argument) from the command line.This assumes that the values of $reviewergroupX_id is either valid as an email address with @$default_domain slapped on it, or that the ids are mapped in the mapping file correctly.Beyond all that - I believe it should work.
I tried what fish mentioned, after i made sure server group match TS group.However, it still only picked only one group, not 3 groups.
Can you please show the entire definition of the task in question?
<externaltask name="EmailToSecondaryReviewer" ...> <!-- ... --> <variables> <variable key="mail_to" value= "__INSERT__($reviewgroup1_id);"/> <variable key="mail_to" value= "__INSERT__($reviewgroup2_id);"/> <variable key="mail_to" value= "__INSERT__($reviewgroup3_id);"/> <!-- ... --> </variables> </externaltask>
<externaltask name="EmailToSecondaryReviewer" ...> <!-- ... --> <variables> <variable key="mail_to" value= "__INSERT__($reviewgroup1_id);"/> <variable key="mail_to" value= "__INSERT__($reviewgroup2_id);"/> <variable key="mail_to" value= "__INSERT__($reviewgroup3_id);"/> <!-- ... --> </variables> </externaltask>The above is not what you posted before -- I don't believe you can define the same variable three times to get the effect you wanted. Did you try the code I posted before which set the mail_to variable to the comma-separated list?
Yes, I did.I put 3 value in one line as below:[html][/html]The email only sent out to one review group, not all of 3 review groups. Also in the greeen part of debugging, it shows mail to 3 review groups. But just never run to send email to 3 groups???