TeamSite 6.5 SP3Solaris 9We have a select item in a datacapture.cfg file and would like the multiple selections to not be separate XML value elements, but rather a comma separated list (val1,val2,val3).The 6.5 TST manual states:delimiter: Specifies the delimiting character used when data from allcheck boxes is concatenated by the data capture subsystem when savingan XML data record. The default delimiter is a comma (,)I found the delimiter attribute for checkboxes and select boxes which according to the DTD works when multiple="t", which we have:[html]Target Page Type[/html]Is this not going to do what I expect? Not a big deal to do in a PT, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.
TeamSite 6.5 SP3 Solaris 9We have a select item in a datacapture.cfg file and would like the multiple selections to not be separate XML value elements, but rather a comma separated list (val1,val2,val3).
I've seen TS 6.5 sp2 + Patch 1767 on Solaris 9 do exactly what you describe, creating val1,val2,val3 in the DCR file as seen on disk. That was for a datatype set to XML type in templating.cfg. I think the tst.650a.dg.pdf manual hints at the fact that this is only for XML type DCRs, so not for the IWOV type ones.
Find the manual and read about dcr-type='xml'
...mostly I use dcr-type="iwov"...
Have you ever wondered why 'dcr-type' attribute exists in the first place?
Thanks for telling me to look at the Manual. Nothing personal, but If I could find everything in the Manual, I would probably not even be coming to the devnet forum. In my 3+ years of experience, I did not need to play with templating.cfg much and mostly I use dcr-type="iwov" so I was curious what we are talking about here as I never used it.
If you don't like being referred to the manual for questions that are reasonably basic and actually covered in the manuals - then you're wasting everyone's time - including yours.dcr-type of either "iwov" or "xml" has been around since at least 5.5.2 - so if you're been doing templating for 3+ years you should have picked up this information somewhere along the way.Since you didn't - Andy provided you the text to search for in the manuals so that you could find it.So - rather than "biting the hand that feeds you" - why not accept the information in the manner in which it was intended [smiley not withstanding]
Thanks for the information. I am just trying to say that it is not always easy to find information in the manuals. All I was expecting was a 1 liner on that not a whole explanation and I am sure there will be so many people who would not even know about it.
That is exactly why I responded the way I did. All you needed to do was search the TST dev manual for dcr-type and it will explain the usage and why
Thanks nipper. I guess I should try to search the manuals before I put any replies (that ask a question) on the forum. Lesson learnt.But still I would say I did not find the answer of the bk99nd's question in the manual. The manual does not mention what happens saving items with multiple selections unless I implement the xml type to test. If the answer was there, bk99nd probably would not have asked his question either (maybe). So when I saw the reply, I got curious to know how setting the dcr-type would effect the way the multiple selection values get saved. and as they say...... "Curiosity kills the Cat"
What do you mean by "datatype set to XML type in templating.cfg"?Can you please give an example?