According to Support, you are correct although I don't think most of us interpreted "Non OS" user that way. This is the response I got back from IWOV:**********************************************************“TeamSite Master users can add non-OS users to TeamSite without waiting for the IT department to add these users to the operating system.” Prior to 6.7.1 SP1 If the Master user has to add any user to TeamSite he has to request for IT department to add this user firstly to OS. Now in SP1 TeamSite Master users can add non-OS users to TeamSite without waiting for the IT department to add these users to the operating system. It doesn't say that it won't require IT help but it says that you can add non-OS users without waiting for the IT dept. to add them to the OS. As per the non-os is concerned the purpose was to separate TeamSite from a reliance on local OS users and/or domain users. you can set up a totally separate LDAP server, which the TS admins can control completely. It doesn't have to be a corporate LDAP server that all departments use.**********************************************************I don't know about your organization, but I don't know very many that would allow any non-IT personnel to have much access to any LDAP server or database! :-( I think this feature is misleading (as usual).HTH
Well, Does non-OS users mean LDAP/ AD users? Or is this some kind of users that could be created on teamsite ( user that is not a part of the OS or AD). Clarification will be highly appriciated.
Unfortunately not.. I attend User Groups mostly by invitation since the User Groups are run by customers/users, unless there is a topic that requires me to attend.Was there something specific you were looking for? Send me an email and we can discuss.