Hi,I am calling a CGI through callserver. Am able to execute that from command mode in unix but callserver throws the following error in iwui/error_log - What am I missing here. My CGI has the following permissions rwxr_xr_x so I have the execute permission set. I am attaching the code for your reference. Any help will be appreciated.Thanks,Josh
How about fully qualifying the CGI ?something like: var server = window.location.hostname; var URL = "http://" + server + ":80" + "/iw-bin/includeTrimsList.ipl"; IWDatacapture.callServer(URL, params, true);
I tried the fully qualified URL but it didn't work - Here is the code snippet - var server = window.location.hostname;IWDatacapture.callServer ("http://"+server+"/iwbin/toyota/includeTrimsList.ipl", params, true);Anything from the web daemon configuration..
On Unix, try the following:- Rename 'includeTrimsList.ipl' to 'includeTrimsList.cgi'. Make sure that your Perl shebang (#!) is correct- Do not use fully qualified URL and do not use iw_cgi_wrapper- Modify your call as follows: IWDatacapture.callServer ("/iw-bin/includeTrimsList.cgi", params, true);See File Extensions for Custom CGI Programs Article for some Unix vs. Windows CGI peculiarities. It's an old article but still describes a reliable way to get CGIs working on various platforms