Don't have an answer for you, however you may want to dump your environment variables to a file in /tmp and you may be able to figure it out. Also checking the file ownership will help.Also, can you setuid the IPL to a certain user that has permission ?
do the ENV variables show who its run as.. I guess USER= should probably show it..
That was what I was thinking, after you run it a few times, you can tell.You will also be certain with the ownership of the output file that is created.
Can you do a newgroup mpgroup in the IPL ?
I am trying to remember my Solaris and there was a command, I thought named newgroup, that would change your primary group to another. If you can change the processes primary group to mpgroup it may work.
Command to change effective GID on the fly is "newgrp". I *beleive* you/your process must be 'root' to be able to run it, if that's the case it won't help
Yes newgrp is the command. No you do not need to be root to run it on yourself (or a process you executed). It will allow you to change your primary group from nobody to mpgroup, as long as iwui is part of mpgroup already.You *may* try to set the group sticky bit on the IPL (and be certain the group is mpgroup)
I had tried the group sticky bit earlier, and that had no effect.. I will give the newgrp a try this evening too.. we will see if that helps.