Thanks for reply. Could you please comment on question 1? Thanks!Jenni
Hi,Here my issue is not sending email. If I am deploying 20 files and in that 11 files are deployed and 9 are not deployed. How can I know the list of success and failed files list to write in my own log file(without using auto generated logs). Thanks!Jenni
Hi,Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by 'All or none'? My understanding is if there is any failure none of the files will be deployed. So that means either 20 files will be deployed or none. Is there any tag to use for making sure all 20 files are deployed to the server(single server with different directories) or fails if any single file fails to deploy(we should know the reason also)?Thanks!Jenni
Yes, there is. <deployment transactional="yes">
so are you saying that we could use transactional='yes' even for single server?OD Admin 6.0.2 143 pageTransactional deployments are particularly useful where a number of recipient targets must have their Web sites synchronized with each other. - Here we have only one recipient target.-Jenni
Hi All,Thanks soo much for the replies. I got a lot of information from all of you. The IWXML.pm module is good for getting successfull files list. How can I test the failed conditon while deploying(the output should parsed by IWXML)?I tried to run my OD script by giving 1. incorrect node name 2. deleting folder on target machine 3. Specifying a non existing file(on source) in the file list. I could not able to get the failed condition. Please help me to get the failed condtion...Thanks!Jenni
We are running the script on the source. It worked for success....don't know why it is not working for the failed condition? I had edited the previous post for additional question (single file failure).Thanks!Jenni
Code proper seems to be Ok.Play with it using base-base Deployment (this way you do not have to bother with Target's Perl, Target Log access, etc...)Check Source and Target OD Logs, run your script "on Source" and "on Target" both and compare results.To have a Success/Failure Mix you can for example configure List Deployment with some entries having *not allowed* Path
Hi All,Any one, able to get the list of failed files for the deployment using GetFailedFiles() function?Thanks,Jenni