1) The metadata tagging ui screens no longer works. When trying to save the tagging info it gives a XML root element exception. "Root cause:This record does not contain the appropriate root element"In your metadata-rules.cfg the vpath-regex has to start with ^.*?/default/../.../WORKAREA/
AGAIN???? How stupid can they be at Iwov? Don't they do ANY regression tests on production like configuration?
6) Upgraded MT Studio to 4.1.2 and import XML from vocab no longer works. I have a open ticket with IW to resolve this. Will update the forum as soon as they fix it
I've just gone live with Linux 64-bit system. Looks like TeamSite OD cannot handle multiple fanouts from backing store. Intermittently failing. Ticket is also open. At the meantime some of the deployments go to temporary location on the hard drive, and are fanned out of there.....
Quick question - have you seen any major issues with latest version of TS with Linux? We are leaning towards it as our O/S of choice mainly because Solaris has been steadily on the decline at my current client. They would like to move with Linux but I still have bad dreams about the initial Linux Teamsite release (I think it was 6.1 that had the initial linux version).Anything out of the ordinary that I would have to watch for (aside from minor bugs here and there)?Thanks/FF
Greg, your last post was a couple of weeks ago. Any more comments on UVFS? Thanks.-Greg
We have been running Linux / 6.7.1 in a prod environment for over a month and have had nothing but issues with fan out deployments. Deployments intermittently hang as a result of lstat calls to the teamsite failing and require OD reboots through the day.According to engineering the "fix" is to update the uvsf to 2.0.2 http://sourceforge.net/projects/uvfs .We are making the change tonight, so we'll see....
Good news - Upgrading the kernel resolved our OD issues. On to resolving the next bug...
2) CSSDK client programs fail with Axis fault exceptions :Make sure you download & install the CSSDK 3.1.0 SP1. some of the important jar files that have changes are CSSD*.jar, it now also has a dependency on sharedutils100.jarNOTE: The jar files are different from that you find on TS server installations even though they have the same names.
I was looking into some major issues related to, say, tinymce, not sure it's Linux-related or not. E.g., if the containers come by default collapsed, the tinyMCE would duplicate the textarea in the DCT, preview would not work. Just a single change in templating.cfg has fixed this. I was resolving the issue with another developer over the phone, and 'f' words were just flowing. pardon me.
Interesting, I don't think it should've been an OS related issue. By the way, which version of the DCT were you using? 5.0 or 6.0?
DO NOT move to Linux till a couple of versions have passed.
I agree. Our Linux implementation went live in April and things are just now running smooth. I’m still working through bugs but at least no longer babysitting OD and TS.
But I am really curious to see how people will deal with visual format 'features'. If I were IWOV, I'd move back to an older Ektron version while dealing with this new functionality.
I have had a number of issues with VisualFormat as well since they upgraded it. The relative link issue is due to a Windows Vista / IE7 security and it's not going back to the old way as far as I know. There is an option to turn off the relative link option within the visualformatconfig.xml but it does not seem to work (override = true of false has no effect).