Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to synchronize multiple MediaBin instances?
sarahs
I'm wondering if there is a way to synchronize two MediaBin instances (I don't have two now, but I was thinking of buying an extra license). Any way is it possible to replicate the database tables and filestore using something like DB Synchronization and Rsync? Has anyone ever done this?
Thanks,
Sarah
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
msrinivas
What is the reason that you are thinking about two instances? Is it for performance reasons or DR?
We have helped customers with such set ups. Mostly for DR. Its manual with DB sync and things like Robocopy etc.
If it is performance consider the MB cluster server licensing option.
You have the option of using MB Syndication Manager also to keep two instances in sync. That is not a part of the base license. An additional license needs to be purchased for Syndication Manager.
sarahs
Srinivas,
Thank you very much -- your reply was very helpful. Our reasons for synchronization would be so that two locations which are physically separated could have fast access to assets when they are working with them.
lyman
Sounds like a candidate for Syndication Manager to me! I am sure that your sales rep can fix you up with the appropriate documentation.
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd