I want to get some opinions about the best "content" form control.
Do you prefer to use a single VF field for the content/body area of a form? If so why?
Do you prefer to use a replicant consisting of plain text areas that generate
content content content
html? If so why and is it usable? Do you enable VF for these field or just leave them plain text?
I've done it both ways. Obviously if the information can be structured I would structure it Name,Date,Heading etc.. etc.. but I'm talking about content that users want free form. For example the content area of a "News" article or something.
The main driver behind this question is that more and more TeamSite FormsPublisher in my organization, needs a common face to its users who manage more than one application. To do this I need to draw a line in the sand and create Forms in a similar fashion to increase familiararity accross forms and reduce training.
Often times structure, usability, content reuse requirements are in conflict. Just give me the 80/20 opinion.