There must be some reason or some advantages of using one wrt other.Please let me know what is the best practices for TPL coding.
Please check in the http://server/iw/help/tst/pt/TeamSite__PT__iw_iterate.html
<![CDATA[<title><iw_value name = '$test'/></title>]]>
<iw_perl><![CDATA[iwpt_output("<title>"$test"</title>\n");]]></iw_perl>
Hi Thanks a lot Ghoti for your valuable inputs.1. I will remove the CDATA tags when i am using iw_perl.2. I am using CDATA tags directly inside TPL file to embed the html elements like below. Is it right way of doing or is there any other way. [HTML]....................<br>....................<br><div class="test"><br>...........<br></body></html><br>[/HTML]
<iw_pt name="..."><p><![CDATA[<br>]]></p></iw_pt>or<iw_pt name="..."/><p><br></p>or<p><br></p><p><br /></p>
If you're using iw_pt tags as a container element, then you generally need CDATA tags surrounding Perl code and any non-balanced HTML tags (if you're using XHTML coding, I do not believe you need the CDATA tags).If you use an empty iw_pt tag or no iw_pt tag - you do not need to use CDATA tags except in special circumstances. So:<iw_pt name="..."><p><![CDATA[<br>]]></p></iw_pt>or<iw_pt name="..."/><p><br></p>or<p><br></p><p><br /></p>
Ghoti, what are those special circumstances. Please let me know any example for the special circumstances which you were talking in your last post.