Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OD Problems
Naini
Hi All,
I have couple of questions to ask, please help me in solving these.
1. When I am deploying some files from Dev to Test server(suppose 100
files)using DO_DELETES in OD and asking it to delete some three files
in Dev server and send 97 files to Test (Meaning literally sending
100 files but three are deleted).When I am sending this from TEST to
PROD it is sending 3 files but deleting rest 97 files.I am in a weird
situation please help me solving this problem.
2.How to use Force deployment (Sending files regardless of being the
same or not).
Thanks in advance.
N
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
1. Can you give more details? If I understand correctly Dev is your TS, Test has base and receiver and PROD has receiver. And you are deploying from Dev -> Test and Test-> PROD ? Please attatch your config and logs.
2. Use file-list deployment. That will send the files regardless of whats out there in the target.
Migrateduser
The behavior of do_deletes is different than what it seems you're describing. Combining your points 1 & 2:
Use a filelist deployment (as suggested by a previous post) and the do_deletes option. For filelist deployments, OpenDeploy does not do any sort of comparison. It is a blind "push" of the files. If any files listed in the filelist don't exist on the sender machine ("Dev" in your case) and you've turned do_deletes on, then a "delete" directive will be sent to the receiver machine ("Test") to delete that file.
In a reverse deployment, the behavior is the same except that the sender and receiver machines are swapped in my description above, since the flow of data is in the opposite direction.