Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
what is workflowspecification
System
Hi,
I'm a newbie of TeamSite. Now I have to use CSSDK to invoke a workflow job.
in CSSDK doc, the method CSWorkflowEngine.createWorkflow(String workflowSpecification) could make me creating a new job. But I cannot figure out what workflowspecifaction is . is that the .ipm, workflow name or something else ? can someone help me to solve this issue ? I appreciate your help !!!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
yanSi
It's an xml file created when a user instantiates a workflow I believe. It is a combination of the .wft (or ipm) with the user input values specific to a job.
Migrateduser
hah.....I solved this problem.....
thank yanSi's help ~~
Migrateduser
Hi ,
I also facing this issue. Can you please give me some idea how to pass workflowspecifaction to invoke workflow.
Thanks
Vinay
Migrateduser
//Is the workflow XML - can be got by turning on the debug option in the work flow, then using the green portion & saving it as an .xml file.
String xmlSpecFile = "D:/Interwoven/my_wf.xml";
//use a reader to load the xml
BufferedReader xmlBufReader = new BufferedReader(new FileReader(xmlSpecFile));
String fileLine = null;
while ((fileLine = xmlBufReader.readLine()) != null) {
xmlStringBuffer.append(fileLine);
xmlStringBuffer.append(System.getProperty("line.separator"));
}
String xmlStringSpec = xmlStringBuffer.toString();
//Invoking the XML workflow
CSWorkflow wf = client.getWorkflowEngine().createWorkflow(xmlStringSpec);
Migrateduser
Hi ,
Thanks for for help !! Much appreciated !!! ..
I did the same thing yesterday ....it's working now .....
Another question :- i dont want to pass XML, I just want to initiate .wft or .ipm file .
Is it possible? I couldnt find any function to initiate workflows in CSSDK API.
Any pointers ...
Thanks
Vinay