You are on the right track. The DCR is an XML file that has an extended attribute on it. That EA define how TS handles the files. Since you are getting the download option, it is highly likely that the EA is incorrect. If you click on the properties of the file in the TS GUI there should be an EA called TeamSite/Templating/DCR/Type with a value of category/type where the values of category/type are the folders where the file lives between templatedata and data i.e. templatedata/category/type/data/somedcr.xmlHTHAndy
Thanks. There is an EA indicating the DCR Type which I am setting:Command:[E:\iw-home/bin/iwextattr -s TeamSite/Templating/DCR/Type=pgi/doc_data "Y:\default\main\PGI\Marketing\Communications\WORKAREA\Web_Infrastructure\templatedata\pgi\doc_data\data\research\marketinsights\2006q4-copy-CAT"]Result of eadcrType: OKSo, if I followed you, this should be correct, right?
Yea that looks correct. Can you do a file-> new form on this DCR type ?
The interface comes up just fine. I didn't actually create a new file, though. Do you want me to?
just for grins try iwextattr.exe I have seen cases when people have tried a Unix style redirection and created a null file in iwhome/binOnce you can get iwextattr to work, you should be good to go.
Probably not necessary, it sounds like there is an issue with your command to set the EA. You are executing this perl script on the TS server and not your own desktop, correct ?
$file=~tr|\\|/|;
Yes, this is all running on the server. It seems clear that running the command is either the only thing wrong, or at least preventing progress.I will spend some more time with the command and see what I can figure out. I know getting values with -g and listing the attributes with -e both work, so I have some issue with setting values.
#!d:\interwoven\iw-home\iw-perl\bin\iwperl.exeuse TeamSite::Config;(my $iwhome = TeamSite::Config::iwgethome()) =~ tr|\\|/|;use File::Find;$start = "Y:/default/main/PGI/Marketing/Communications/WORKAREA/Web_Infrastructure/templatedata/pgi/doc_data/data/";find(\&wanted, $start);foreach $DCR (@list) { ($EA = $DCR) =~ s|.*templatedata/||; $EA =~ s|/data/.*||; $command = "$iwhome/bin/iwextattr -s TeamSite/Templating/DCR/Type=$EA \"$DCR\""; system ($command); }sub wanted {-f && push(@list, $File::Find::name);}
OK, so obviously it is thinking it should be getting the EA value via STDIN, that is why it is hanging. Did you have any extra quotes on the command ? It appears it made an EA named TeamSite/Templating/DCR/Type=pgi/doc_data with no value and another named TeamSite/Templating/DCR/Type with a value of "pgi/doc_data"Try running this script (which will go through your folder and properly set all EAs for TST. #!d:\interwoven\iw-home\iw-perl\bin\iwperl.exeuse TeamSite::Config;(my $iwhome = TeamSite::Config::iwgethome()) =~ tr|\\|/|;use File::Find;$start = "Y:/default/main/PGI/Marketing/Communications/WORKAREA/Web_Infrastructure/templatedata/pgi/doc_data/data/";find(\&wanted, $start);foreach $DCR (@list) { ($EA = $DCR) =~ s|.*templatedata/||; $EA =~ s|/data/.*||; $command = "$iwhome/bin/iwextattr -s TeamSite/Templating/DCR/Type=$EA \"$DCR\""; system ($command); }sub wanted {-f && push(@list, $File::Find::name);}
Ok, I've had some success by altering the script to use the echo/pipe version of the command. Is it necessary to set all the EA's?The script is only trying to copy these:TeamSite/Templating/DCR/TypeTeamSite/Templating/EncodingTeamSite/Templating/PrimaryDCRTeamSite/Templating/PrimaryDocumentTypeTeamSite/Templating/PrimaryPTbut the file also has these set:TeamSite/Metadata/ContentAuthorTeamSite/Metadata/ContentOwnerTeamSite/Metadata/EmailContactTeamSite/Metadata/ExpirationDateTeamSite/Metadata/MetaDescriptionTeamSite/Metadata/MetakeywordsTeamSite/Metadata/RetentionCategoryTeamSite/Metadata/ReviewDateTeamSite/Metadata/ReviewFrequency
A DCR has DCRType, that is all it needs. I assume if you are doing encoding other than UTF-8, then Encoding would be required as well. A file generated from a template will need PrimaryPT, PrimaryDCR and PrimaryDocumentType.The others are specific to your site, we have no idea if they are needed or not. They are not set by TST, but with the set metadata screen.
Thanks for your help. BTW, what does "TST" stand for?
TeamSite Templating - what they used to call Forms PublishingI got smacked around at GearUp by Sunil for referring to it as Templating, Marketeering has changed its name.
Are you copying from one workarea on a branch to another on the SAME branch ? Yes, use iwupdate and do not do what you are trying. If you are going to another branch then update will not work.
iwupdate /default/main/foo/WORKAREA/wa1/templatedata/cat/dtype/data/foo.xml /default/main/bar/WORKAREA/wa2
templatedata/cat/dtype/data/foo.xml
Were you sure it won't work across branches? or were you just assuming so?It will work across branches too - e.g.:
You should ask Sunil to explain "tt_data" :-)