Hi All,Thanks in advance. I wanted to know the exact place where I could place the dnr script in my DD config file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.[...]Thanks!OD 6.2 Windows EE
I don't believe that DD has DNR scripts - OD does though.What are you trying to accomplish?
One of the reasons for DNR is that on the receiver you want to run some code. However for DD, the receiver is a DB and access is through ODBC/JDBC and not on the DB server itself. So DNR is not appropriate for this.You need to write a deployment script that will run DD1, check the return value and on success run DD2, or on failure rollback the previous OD.Note, I recall there are some examples of synchronized, transactional OD/DD combinations in the OD/DD admin manuals so you should start there first and script anything else you need.
what about using dbLoader in OD?something like:[html] databaseXmlFile="/opt/OpenDeployNG/conf/databases.xml"> <script cmd="/opt/custom/somescript.sh $area^ $envname^" as="tscontent" where="/opt/iw-home/" async="no" /> [/html]
Thanks for the reply. My situation is only related to DD1 triggering DD2. No involvement of OD.Thanks
Ok. Here is my requirement. I want to trigger DD 2 on the success of DD1. But in the case of any single script failure, i want to roll back the content and nothing should be deployed. Is there any other way you could suggest me? Thanks very much for the reply.
Are the two DD deployment definitions within the same DD config file?If so - you should be able to create a third definition whose sole purpose is to exec each of the other definitions - I believe that will provide the kind of transactional association you're looking for.
Guys,Thanks for the replies. But I am still confused. Where can I specify the execdeploymenttask tag in my dd config file?Thanks!
[html][/html]then you call the wrapper-deploy in your odcmd instead of the individual ones.
Thanks a lot for you continued assistance.Did you mean in this way? [html][/html]