Right now what's happening is I can't do a "File->New Form Entry" from the mediaroom branch - getting the this data type is not setup for this branch error. Thanks!~
It is not possible to have two data types with the same name in templating.cfg. Since you are using different branches, you can instead have a different datacapture.cfg for the same Data type in both the branches..
It is not possible to have two data types with the same name in templating.cfg
Did you try that on your server?
Thus proving that if you have 2+ <category> elements in templating.cfg with the same name attribute value, the parser will only remember the last entry.
Described *masking* functionality may well be true, [...] However, that simply seems to be a wrong configuration.
I believe we agree... I just emphasize the current weakness (failure to simply concatenate parts), while you emphasize the workaround