Hi,I'm trying to cross my workareas with the browser redefining the vpath and ceiling vars in the call, like the following:cgi-callout url="/iw-cc/command/iw.formspub.browse_for_link?vpath=/default/main/test&ceiling=/default/main/test&...When I code this, I receive an error saying the path doesn' t exist. If I go down in the pathcgi-callout url="/iw-cc/command/iw.formspub.browse_for_link?vpath=/default/main/test/WORKAREA/content&ceiling=/default/main/test/WORKAREA/content&...it works, but then I'm not able to go up further than WORKAREA. If I choose the WORKAREA item, the browser window gets stuck.Is it possible to make the browser cross the workareas just modyfing these variables or should I use another callout?Thanks a lot,
Hi again,Mi structure is the following: main - test (branch) - N workareas (one is called TestWK)I'm trying the browser to point the branch, so I could navigate through the workareas and make links to contents in different workareas.The item code from datacapture.cfg is the posted above.The vpath works OK, cause the browser window starts in the data folder of my menu content type. The problem is when I expand navigate through the folders trying to reach the top, even if it shows me correctly my branch, if I select it I get a message "//server/default/main/test does not exist".
Hi moonkhanna,Yes, today I realized that most posts about crossing workareas deal about opening different browsers pointing to different workareas in the same dct, but not what I was thinking about, this is, to browse through workareas in the same browser, was seem not be possible.I tried what you ask, the result is a blank page in the browser. What I'm thinking to do is make a combination in the dct for all the workareas I want to be available, so the contributor would choose the workarea first and then the browser pointing to that workarea will appear.Other ideas would be appreciated and thanks for your help.
Hi,Let's see if you can help me with this. I've made a very simple CGI, which is first called from the File Browser button, where radio buttons are shown to the user to select the workarea. Now I would like the onclick event to conect with my script in the DCT, passing the selection to the browser script.Any suggestions about doing this?I can use a Javascript confirm in the DCT script, but you cannot change the button names, and I've tried to make a window.open in the DCT too, but I don't know exactly where to leave my HTML. It seems that everything launched from the dct gets processed by Teamsite.Thanks for your time,
Hi moonkhanna,I've changed the approach. Now in the DCT I call first a CGI with the "browse for link" params:IWEventRegistry.addFormHandler('onFormInit', initializeDct());function initializeDct(){IWEventRegistry.addItemHandler('/lista-enlaces/grupo/enlace/BrowseOne', 'onCallout', doBrowse);}function doBrowseCallBack(itemName, path) {var path = new String(path);path = path.replace(/.*[\\\/]WORKAREA[\\\/][^\\\/]*/, "");path = path.replace(/(\"\])$/, "");alert(path);IWDatacapture.getItem(itemName).setValue(path);}function doBrowse(itemObject){var itemName = itemObject.getName();itemNameMatch = itemName.replace( /\[[0-9]*\]/gi, "");window.open('/iw-bin/check_workarea.cgi?show_thumbnail=true&hier_callback=eval(callback_81=function(path){opener.parent.getScriptFrame().doBrowseCallBack("'+itemName+'",path)})','Browse','scrollbars=yes,width=600,heigh t=500');}Then the CGI ask the user for the workareas, and I make a document.location to the browser passing the params I got from the dct:function send(value){if(value=='actual'){ var vpath = '/default/main/test/WORKAREA/wk1/';var ceiling = '/default/main/test/WORKAREA/wk1/';}else{var vpath = '/default/main/test/WORKAREA/wk2/';var ceiling = '/default/main/test/WORKAREA/wk2/';} document.location = '/iw-cc/command/iw.formspub.browse_for_link?vpath='+vpath+'&ceiling='+ceiling+'&show_thumbnail='+$show_thumbnail+'&hier_callback='+$hier_callback;This works fine, the browser opens in one workarea or the other depending on the user selection. The problem now is that the doBrowseCallBack function is not being executed, I suppose because the hier_callback function refers to opener.parent and we have included the document.location.Any ideas?Thanks again.
Hi,I finally made it through a CGI. In the DCT I call a CGI which presents the workarea choices to the user. Depending on the user's choice, it defines the vpath and ceiling vars to open the browser in the desired place. It also defines the hier_callback function to access thee dct form to populate the link field.The problem I had before was trying to mix a cgi call with FormAPI code. They were not getting along very well.Thanks for your support.