Hi,I am using Teamsite 6.7.1 and Workflow Modeler 1.0.0.0SUMMARY: I have a Branch Administrator role on a Teamsite branch and workflowUser role on iwadmin branch.PROBLEM: When I click Manage Workflow link thru Teamsite Content tab by browsing to the branch on which I have Administrator role then it does not allow me to edit available_models.xml file. It gives me error "Unable to find workarea. Check if workarea exist"NOTE: I dont have acces to view Administration Tab.Is this happening due to the fact that I dont have workflowAdmin role on iwadmin branch or else I am missing some configuration setting??I have gone thru wfm.100.ug.pdf but couldn't found a way :-(Please suggest something.Thanks,Retesh
I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure you need Workflow Admin role on iwadmin branch in order to administrate aspects of the workflow models.You should also consider upgrading to SP1 + Patch 1 for both TS and WFM as I believe there were a number of bugs fixed.
Thanks for the reply Ghoti. I try to get workflowAdmin role, will update my findings on this thread later.Apart from this I have also gone thru WFM 1.0.0.1 user guide. Is it true that we have to write java classes there to instantiate email task or other external task?By reading WFM 1.0.0.0 user guide I found that it is more easy to work with external tasks here for someone who has just shifted from wfts to WFMs.Please share your comments on this.Thanks,Retesh
Hi,I am coming back to my original issue in this post.SUPPOSE: I don't get workflowAdmin role on the iwadmin branch. I get workflowAdmin role only on few teamsite branches(for whom I am developing dcts and later I need to publish them).DOUBT: Can I be able to edit available_models.xml file by scrolling to its location on teamsite server: iwadmin/main/workflowModels/WORKAREA/iw-wa/Internal/available_models.xmlThen will I be able to manage workflows the same way I use to do with wfts??Will this be a correct approach??Please suggest.-Thanks,Retesh
All TeamSite users are not allowed to publish, subscribe, and configure workflow models. Only a certain group of people are allowed to perform these operations. The WorkflowAdmin role is for those users. Normally, these users include workflow developers or TeamSite administrators. The WorkflowAdmin role has privileges to publish and save workflow models to TeamSite. In addition, it has privileges to manage, configure, and debug the workflow models. You should manually add users to the workflowModels branch with the WorkflowAdmin role. You should not assign this role to the iwEveryone group, unless required. NOTE: Users who belong to the WorkflowAdmin role should also have the Modify access in the iwadmin/main/workflowModels/WORKAREA/iw-wa workarea. You need to add this manually. In addition, you need to manually assign full permissions for each folder (and its files) of the iw-wa workarea: Config, Instance, Internal, and Models.
From the WFM 1.0.0.1 manual (for 671SP1):This material does not seem to be well covered in the initial 1.0.0.0 manual (for 671 sans SP1) - but I interpret it as meaning that the only branch for which a user needs workflowAdministrator rights is on the iwadmin/main/workflowModels branch - if you're assigning this role on other branches, it is essentially a "mistake" (not sure if it will do any harm, but I don't think it will do any good either)Without the workflowAdministrator rights - I don't believe the GUI will allow you to edit the configuration file for the workflow models - and without the file system access rights, I don't believe you'd be able to do it through the file system interface either - so why not get the correct rights assigned to the correct people (youself included?) on the right branch - and then try to do WFM work.
Hi,I am back into this post with some good news and some bad news:Good News: I have got workflowAdministrator rights is on the iwadmin/main/workflowModels branch. I can dit available_models.xml thru "Manage Worlflow" link.I am using WFM 1.0.0.0 with TS 6.7.1 SP1Bad News: I cannot Publish the model as Publish tab in WFM is disabled.I cannot save a modle in teamsite (Please view the file attached to see the error it gives while saving)I cannot retrieve a modle from teamsite (Please view the file attached to see the error it gives while retrieving the model)Please suggest something.Thanks,Retesh
If you're using TS671 SP1 - you should be using WFM 1.0.0.1 not 1.0.0.0 - I suggest you upgrade WFM and then see if you still have problems.
Apart from the error screen, what does the WorkflowModeler.log state?