Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
nothing showing up in workflow tab
barnettech
We definitely had some mishaps with permissions and group and ownership issues. Now when you submit a dcr to workflow, there is no error, and then nothing happens. It doesn't show up in the workflow tab. Any ideas on whats wrong would be great..... thank you.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Well it could be a lot of things.
I have seen people filtering out the jobs.
Sometimes if a file is locked by someone else, the WF will wait, attempting to get the lock and never really start.
If your WF was written improperly, it may not attach files to the job when it starts.
It could be that the WF runs so quick you cannot catch it before it is complete.
Do a view properties of the file after you start the job, does it list the file in a job ?
barnettech
I know the workflow works. I just dorked up the file permissions and ownership of the files. Plus I'm the only one in this dev system so it's not a locking issue. Any thoughts on what I need to un-dork.
nipper
What permissions were you messing with ? In iw-home or are you talking about permissions on the branch ? Solaris or DOS ? I assume all workflows fail
barnettech
It was on iw-home
nipper
It was on iw-home
What OS ? What rev of TS ? There are a few files in iwhome/httpd/iw-bin/ that will be used to kick off a WF. Specifically iwwft_instantiator.ipl, iwwft_instantiator.cgi, & iwwfsubmit.cgi
I assume some are setuid (on Unix) so they run as someone else.
barnettech
It's Solaris version 6.71 of teamsite
The job runs successfully looks like, but doesn't show up in workflow que in the gui
Here is some output from a log showing the deployment succeeded:
Fri Feb 29 15:16:48 2008 - Initiating deployment for : opg/wft_tmp/wf_deploy296870article
ODCMD_EXE: '/opt/OpenDeployNG/bin/iwodcmd'
*** start opg/wft_tmp/wf_deploy296870article -k filelist="/opt/iw-home/tmp/filelist.296870.296878.20080229-151648.txt" -k area="/default/main/cio/STAGING" -inst 296870_296878 -k envname=cioprod_preview -k nodename=CIOPROD CLIENT_CMD: '/opt/OpenDeployNG/bin/iwodcmd start opg/wft_tmp/wf_deploy296870article -k filelist="/opt/iw-home/tmp/filelist.296870.296878.20080229-151648.txt" -k area="/default/main/cio/STAGING" -inst 296870_296878 -k envname=cioprod_preview -k nodename=CIOPROD '
Fri Feb 29 15:17:08 2008 - CLIENT_CMD: '/opt/OpenDeployNG/bin/iwodcmd start opg/wft_tmp/wf_deploy296870article -k filelist="/opt/iw-home/tmp/filelist.296870.296878.20080229-151648.txt" -k area="/default/main/cio/STAGING" -inst 296870_296878 -k envname=cioprod_preview -k nodename=CIOPROD '
Fri Feb 29 15:17:10 2008 -
** Results = Locating OpenDeploy service.
Got OpenDeploy service
>>>>>-- Start deployment opg/wft_tmp/wf_deploy296870article296870_296878.
iwodstart running in default synchronous mode.
Need to wait for deployment to complete.
>>>>>-- Deployment opg/wft_tmp/wf_deploy296870article296870_296878 finished:
ID: m352 Start time: Fri Feb 29 15:17:08 EST 2008
Status: Completed
Status details:
All targets got completed status
Fri Feb 29 15:17:10 2008 - OpenDeploy SUCCESS.
Fri Feb 29 15:17:10 2008 - odStatus = Completed
Fri Feb 29 15:17:10 2008 - callback (0) : OpenDeploy SUCCESS.
Fri Feb 29 15:17:10 2008 - Removed temp config: /opt/OpenDeployNG/conf/opg/wft_tmp/wf_deploy296870article.xml
Fri Feb 29 15:17:10 2008 -
Fri Feb 29 15:17:10 2008 - ***********************************************
Fri Feb 29 15:17:10 2008 - ***** End of Deployment for article ******
Fri Feb 29 15:17:10 2008 - ***********************************************
nipper
Are there any files being generated in iwhome/tmp like taskoutput_1234.xml
What are you looking at on the WF screen ? Jobs -> view all jobs ?
This job ran in about 22 seconds (for the deployment) so you should have been able to see the job active.
barnettech
Are there any other files that need this treatment:
sudo chmod 5775 iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi
I know iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi needs it under iw-home but are there others?
nipper
Check the support site for that, there is a KB out there. This is version dependent, the files that were setuid change from 6.5 to 6.7.1
I am currently on DOS so I cannot look and see.
barnettech
I found your other post on the setuid option. That was it. Thank you !!!