Hello,I am new to Interwoven and may be wrong in using some the terminology but I will attempt to put my problem here in the forum, hoping to get right response.We are using Interwoven as our CMS to create content. The output is .html files and we are publishing it to the file server. Teamsite's job is done at this stage and is out of the pictureNow I have web application which is using this content created as explained above. There is a requirement in web application that an authorized person can edit the content inline. Meaning when he clicks EDIT button he should be taken to forms publisher and that content should be opened for editing.My question is 1> how to open Forms publisher from the webapplication ? 2> Once forms publisher is open how to make sure that it fetches that particular content from teamsite and present for editing ?As per my initial investigation we should pass vPath to the DCR corrospoding to that content while invoking forms publisher. Can someone address my problem ?Really appreciate your response/comments/suggestions.
vpath: file to edit.done_page: the URL or URI of the page to go to after this operation is complete. If this parameter is omitted, the browser window will instead be closed.
You might try looking at this GearUp presentation from last year - specifically the slide entitled Click*&*Edit*–*The*Button - and you might be able to contact the author for additional information - though don't expect to get additional code for free - I believe the hope is that the presentation (and there's a WMV of the presentation too) is sufficient to get you started and that you fill in the necessary pieces for yourself afterwards.FYI - this is another good reason to attend GearUp.
If you filter out the usual water of managerial chest-beating from this presentation, the dry residue isvery brief description of Home-grown mechanism for "Inline Editing". It looks like full round-trip solution (good one, too!)with JSP CSS/JS Generator on the Client (Browser) Side + Servlet/CGIs/FormAPI Modules to facilitate "LivePage - DCR Form" Toggle back and forth.I'm contemplating several "Inline Editing" Options right now, so here is the question. What was their main reasonto reinvent the wheel? In other words, why didn't they go with the IWOV Live Site that provides all they did (with muchbetter GUI and only a fraction of their actual Development efforts) + plenty more in the bargain?Fish, what do you think? (Perhaps it was clearer in the live presentation - I can actually think of several reasons)
It was a year ago, so my memory of the details is a bit foggy, and I don't recall if that question was raised at the time. I also believe that the work was going on around the same time that LiveSite was being revamped as SitePublisher (client side) and LiveSite (server side) components, so it is possible that - given the option now - they might have gone the other route.Personally, I haven't had a chance to play around with SitePublisher / LiveSite yet, nor have I attempted to implement a direct-from-web editing interface - so I cannot really comment on the pros and cons of either approach, I simply provided the pointer as I recalled the presentation and thought it might offer some ideas for the thread. Like most GearUp presentations though, the low-level details are usually glossed over to allow for the wow-factor presentation in the allocated time slot (~ 45 minutes I believe)