While I disagree with you approach I will certainly help with an answer. You *should* try to use server side includes for items like top navigation, footer, etc and then if you change it, you do not need a full site regen.
...but i don't see how i can regenerate files directly when I save. Is is even possible?
I really really agree with you, don't think i knew that even before i began to wonder how to change my things.But my client is very rigid on his demands.I wouldn't have made this project this way, but to be honest, my research are mostly to ensure a non-practical solution to explain to my client that there is no easy way to ensure an automatic organization of this behaviour and make him consider another way to do it, or let the user regenerates what he needs by hand.Anyway we'll see. Thanks for the tip on the callout i'll try to search on this direction although i don't think i can have access to the server apart from the teamsite front-end.
my research are mostly to ensure a non-practical solution to explain to my client that...
A pity you did not explain that before - I would have ignored the post and not waste even few minutes to reply
My hands are tied, and I'm sorry if i'm not trying to be a hero here...I cannot walk away from any project, so I have to deal with all the demands that comes to me the best I can if i don't want to worsen my everyday life.I'm a simple consultant, i do not have the weight to ask for the configuration of the machine to be modified to accept dynamic content with inclusion, so I have to try and find other solutions, and still ensure a good behaviour of everything.The idea here is to understand the process and see how it works, the pros & the cons, there is no wasted time here (sorry if you feel this way, but for me it's not the case), every post has been very helpful to me to understand better the whole teamsite process.Like we would say : Merci beaucoup !