Hello,on our server TeamSite 6.5 SP3 is already installed. I like to install TeamSite 6.7.x in parallel in order to test the new version of TeamSite. I don't want to run both versions at once, so there should be no licensing problems. Is it possible to install both versions of TeamSite on one server and if so, what do I have to take into account before installing TeamSite 6.7.x?Many thanksAlexander
I believe you cannot install two different versions of TeamSite on the same server, as there may be conflict of services, port number, etc.
Why you want to do that?
My idea is to install both versions of TeamSite but not to run them both at the same time, so I guess there should be no conflicts with services, port numbers, etc.
Once the backing store has been processed by 6.7 - it is no longer able to be processed by 6.5 - so you could do what you're proposing starting with 6.5 and then switching to 6.7 and that's about it. Or you can keep restoring the backing store each time you want to switch it.
Ahhh Interesting, is this possible adam, have you tried it? I though no matter what version of iw-store you are restoring, when you reset your services the version whihc always shows up is the version which is on the OS at that particular moment under $iw_home.Correct me if i am wrong? is this point ever mentioned in the documentation?Thanks
The server updates the backing store when it is processed, not to the same extent that an iwmigrate does, but still updated. Depending on which versions you are using, the server may alter the version of the backing store and thus make it inaccessible for earlier versions.
So, it is not possible to use the same iw-store/backing store, because the different versions of TeamSite might alter the backing store. But is it possible to have to separate backing stores? One with the content of TeamSite 6.5 and the other with the content of TeamSite 6.7?So if I want to use TeamSite 6.5 with its backing store, I will stop all TS services, switch to the backing store for TS 6.5 and start the TS 6.5 services.And if I want to use TS 6.7 I will again stop all TS services, switch to the backing store for TS 6.7 and start the TS 6.7 services.Is that a possible solution?Many thanksAlexander
I think you're trying way too hard to do something that will only serve your purposes for a short period of time, if that.Either set up a virtual server or set up a second physical server - and stop trying to hack an enterprise application to fit your short-term needs.