Well in addition to this, i tried using an external task to invoke iw_solution_email.ipl.It's sending fine to a single user, but when i give multiple users in the argument, as per the log file, it takes only the first argument. Eg. $IW_HOME/iw-perl/bin/iwperl $IW_HOME/local/config/wft/solutions/iw_solution_email.ipl -t User2 -t User3This attempts to send the mail only to the owner of the "User2" task. Also, on trying to send it to a group task, using the external task, the log says "Can't call method "GetId" on an undefined value.."Any pointers on these two issues?
I was able to send the mail to the group task finally - it was a syntax error on my part, in the email command.However, I'm still unable to send mails to owners of two tasks by using the parameters: -t User2 -t User3Tried with comma separated values and double quotes as well - no luck.The log file does indicate that it has initially read both the arguments, as i'm copy pasting below:arg: [-t]arg: [User2]arg: [-t]arg: [User3]arg: [3060]arg: [3065]arg: [\iwadmin\main\config\WORKAREA\shared]However, when generating the actual header, only the first address, ie, that for the owner of the task "User2", comes.Any pointers?
I'm facing the same problem.So far as I can tell the two supplied mail handler classes; AuthorMailNotificationTask and ReviewerMailNotificationTask are hard-wired to send an email based on the template specified by the mail_template parameter to the owner of the Email Task.On the grounds 90% of emails are to a group or list of users to tell them there is a group task assigned to them it's all a little useless.It seems to me we have two options:1) Create our own GroupMailNotificationTask class that reads a user_list variable/automatically grabs the users assigned to the following task/whatever makes sense in the situation.2) Swap the Email Task for an External Task and do it all with 5 minutes of Perl.Since option 1) is, so far as I can see completely undocumented and stands a 50-50 chance of actually working I'll probably be heading down route 2!
Again, it's a question of debugging the script and PTs to verify that both '-t' task arguments are included in the XML output/input that the script uses and that wherever it extracts owner information for the recipient list that it looks through an entire list of such entries and not just a single static entry.I haven't had to do this thus far, so I haven't bothered debugging it. Welcome to the bleeding edge ;-)
I was able to send the mail to the group task finally - it was a syntax error on my part, in the email command.
Hi incognita, I am also getting the "no mail notification is needed, transition to the next task." message in my email task. Can you please provide a pointer to how you solved this issue?Thanks.