Hello Everyone,I have attached the wft which worked fine for me in TS 6.1 SP2 but its getting stucked in TS 6.7.1 SP1 at external task. I have even tried editing "author_submit_with_metadata.wft" which comes with TS 6.7.1 SP1 for my purpose by replacing cgi task with external task but same problem occured there as well. Workflow got stucked at external task. Everything is similar to what I have done in this attached wft fileSummary: The ipl which is called called by external task simply prints task id of the job in a log file.I have debugged the flow in wft file by printing it in a log file. It surprisingly tells me that once the job is instantiated then it goes into all the task of the workflow, that means successors and activations are working ok. Somehow External task is getting stucked up in GUI and does not progress to the next task. It doesnt give me any kind of error. IPL also performs its activity.Please suggest me something as I am unable to use external tasks in TS 6.7.1 SP1Thanks,ReteshTeamsite 6.7.1 SP1 @ UNIX
As you are saying that your external task got stuck however the wft got initialised, so it is better to attach the external task to take a look.
I have attached the external task here. If you want to check the flow of entire wft then please refer the attachment test_wf.zipThanks,Retesh
I hope i was not clear enough as what i was looking out from you. I need to check your wft_page_generate.ipl file, which was being called from the external task in question.Apart from that, please verify using iwgetwfobj whether the task is having the correct file associated with as a command or not?
Please attach your complete ipl code.
Hi Kaalraa,I have attached the ipl, it prints wfid, taskid for generate task (which is first external task in my case) only, as it dosent move to other tasks below and workarea in a log file.But as I said earlier, it doesnt matter whichever ipl I give in command element, it gives me the same error (that is task Generate get stucked)I have even tried editing author_submit_with_metadata.wft" which comes with TS 6.7.1 SP1 for my purpose by replacing cgi task with external task but same problem occured there.So I think ipl is not affecting anything in this case. Moreover all these things worked for me in Teamsite 6.7.1 SP1.-Thanks,Retesh
If this is what you have as an external task script, then you or might be your script developer need at least a strict RTFM.Better way to get trained or hire a consultant / professional.
I said this many times in this post that I have edited author_submit_with_metadata.wft and used the same script to trigger external task. So as far as designing the wft is concerned if approach in author_submit_with_metadata.wft is not good then please attach your sample wft and ipl script here.Hopefully it will act as a trainer to me.-Retesh
Your problem is not WFT but rather External Task Script itself. Upon task completion you have to inform WF Engine that the task is done and that the flow has to transition to some other Task. All that is doneby callback Method, see rudimentary usage sample [post=100487]here[/post]
Thanks for this update. I read it from the pdf as well. Will implement callback in the ipl file then let you know the result in this post. As a matter of fact my ipl scripts use to run fine in Teamsite 6.1 SP2 @ Windows 2000. I faced this problem first time when I have switched to Teamsite 6.7.1 SP1 @ UNIX. That why its now when I had a face off with Callback.Good for learning Thanks,Retesh