Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
deployNRun running twice
brent1
OD 5.0.1 on Windows
I have an OD configuration that deploys to a two-server farm. This configuration has a deployNRun script that runs on success to publish an addition. The script runs fine, except occasionally it appears to run twice and I will wind up with two editions created.
I have attached the configuration. (Renamed to .txt to get it to upload.)
Has anyone else seen this?
Brent
Beckman Coulter Inc.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
sajiddc
hmm.. I am not sure if you can avoid DBR running twice from what you are doing. If you do find out the answer, please let me know.
Adam Stoller
I believe that each "leg" of a deployment is validated for success/failure on its own - and thus the DNR defined within the execDeploymentTask will probably fire once for each target node (a.k.a. deployment "leg") that is part of that deployment.
So - in other words - this is currently "expected behavior".
There is a Feature Request on file for distinct "trigger points" for DNRs - among the suggestions is "after/before all <execDeploymentTask> elements" - which I believe would do what you want here.
I've added Beckman Coulter, Inc as an interested customer for this feature request.
The only work-around I can think of for right now is to have a script which takes as an argument the number of 'nodes' or 'legs' being deployed to, and increments a counter in a file or something - and doesn't perform the actual publish until/unless the couter value is the same as the number of nodes.
Does that help?
--fish
(Interwoven, Curriculum Development)
brent1
The strange thing is that it already runs the way I want it to ~80% of the time. In other words, 80% of the time it only runs once even though the deployment to both servers is successful. Its inconsistent.
Brent
Beckman Coulter Inc.
Adam Stoller
If you can - try to collect logs from the deployment when it runs "correctly" and "incorrectly" - and open a case with Interwoven Support so that it can be investigated.
--fish
(Interwoven, Curriculum Development)