Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite and Authentication Mechanism
Pavan
I have installed Teamsite on windows 2000 server in domain ABC.
Teamsite Users are in Domain XYZ.
I have created an entry into authors.uid file for a user (for eg. user testuser) as follows:
XYZ \ testuser
But Teamsite doesn't authenticate this user.
Any ideas ??
Do I need to install to Teamsite Server in the domain XYZ ?
Thx in adv.
Pavan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Is there a trust relationship between the two domains?
Could someone from the XYZ domain map a drive to a share on the ABC domain's server and authenticate as the XYZ user (not some generic "Everyone" or such)?
I'm assuming that when they try to login - they have the Domain set to XYZ - yes?
What errors are shown in the browser?
What errors, if any, are show in the various TeamSite logfiles?
For that matter, what version of TeamSite?
--fish
(Interwoven, Curriculum Development)
Pavan
I guess, there is a security issue which our IT needs to resolve.
There is no trust relationship between these two domains. Which means, as you said users cannot map drives.
Errors in the browser: User Name and Password are not valid.
I will wait till IT resolve the security issue and then if I have the problem then I will post the message again.
Thanks
Pavan