OK, so I loaded up a Japanese site in TS. Generated everything. Looking really good. However I have noticed an issue with IE7 and Mozilla. In IE7, the tab labels and title bar do not show the Japanese character (squares instead), for Mozilla the tab is correct but the titlebar is not.See attached imageIs this an issue I need to care about ? I am assuming there is a browser setting for the langauge and anyone who wants to see this in Japanese will have it set correctly.Tips/Pointers/RTFMs appreciatedAndy
That's because your Title Bar Font ("Trebuchet MS" perhaps?) does not support complete Unicode,not Hiragana / Katakana anyway. Unfortunately it's Windows setting.To fix it: Display Properties -> Appearance -> AdvancedChose Item "Active Title Bar", Font "Arial Unicode MS" (for example, I simply know that one has Katakana).Problem with that MS Settings **** is that if you develop multilingual external Site (I do!)you can not expect every Internet user to know how to fix garbage in the title. We ended-uprestricting Title to English, sigh...
I am making the assumption that the user's computer is properly configured for JP