Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
CGI Callout - Refresh Select List
Gregg Faus
Is there a way to refresh a select list from a callout once you've updated the options?
Here's the situation. I've got a keyword management container with two items: keyword multiple select list (populate via inline stmt) and a hidden field with the cgi-callout. The callout manages a text file of keywords that the select reads in via the inline statement. I've got the cgi-callout working, now I just need to refresh the select list when the callout is closed.
In the past I've been able to update a text field, but the select list is a bit different. Anyone have any sample code? FormAPI would be an option.
BTW, I can give more details (code, datacapture.cfg, etc) if need be.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
PaulD
There is a good example using a FormAPI callout in the
$IWHOME/examples/Templating/templatedata/userscript/location directory. This won't work, however, if you need to present a GUI to he user.
But, if you use the FormAPI callout to open a window, (window.open('mywin')
, you can gather your data in the new window and pass it back to a js function in the 'opening' window using 'opener.aFunc(someValues);' that sets your listbox. 'aFunc' would be a js function in the calling DCT's javascript
I'm sure you can get a better explanation, but I hope this helps.
Paul