Hahaha yes that's my question: how do I go about adding these checkboxes to the appropriate task, and how do I get a handle on their values?
you need to use configurable variables..
Alternatively, use starting CGI Task with the GUI similar to one above. Set Task's "start" and "immediate" Flags to true and make sure that WF owner is a Task owner as well, that'll open up your CGI window immediately. From CGI you can (for example) set WF variables indicating User's choice that following Deployment task(s) can obtain.
Based on the statement that bgeorge does not what to prompt for this during workflow instantiation, but rather wants to do this selection just prior to the actual deployment task - I believe that the 2nd part of ISCBorisB's response is pretty much on the right track: .
Adam, My response was in continuation with Bo's response only. He needs to use Config variables to capture the values of servers he wants to deploy to from the CGI Task, then pass this on to his deploy script.
It wasn't clear since you didn't actually quote Bo's text in your response.What do you mean by "Config variables"?
Thanks for all the comments so far, here's an update. I had to update Workflow Modeler to version 1.0.0.1 Build 68006. I have a dummy workflow with a user task going to a cgi task which calls my cgi script. From the cgi task, I'm calling my cgi script as follows:/iw-bin/custom_script.cgiWhen I step through the workflow from the user task to the cgi task, I get an Internal Server Error and the script wont run. I know there's nothing wrong with my script because up to where I was in coding the script, was working fine before the Workflow Modeler upgrade. So, it has to be a configuration problem. I have set the owner of both the user task and cgi task to the same user, and have set the cgi "immediate" value to true. Any suggestions?
Try removing the /iw-bin/ at the beginning and just specify: custom_script.cgi