I have the following containers [... main / submain, main / aa ...]\and I need to copy the container main/aa/aa_item(replicants including) on save to main/sub_main container and the final output xml should look like[html] blah title1 blah region1 blah title1 blah region1[/html]....any suggestions and examples?
This may seem an odd question - but: Why do you have to do this? If you define the same structure for submain as you do for aa (as kshitiz suggested) then the copying of the content from aa to submain should be relatively trivial via FormAPI.If you are waiting until the save to create the structure within submain, then I think you'd have to play around with the DOM a bit in a manner not officially supported by FormAPI - but again - without knowing why it's difficult to know if there's a better solution for the desired outcome.
I did use FormAPI the problem is.... when there a change(new value) in main/aa/aa_item and save....the main/submain still keep the old values...it doesnot update...This may seem an odd question - but: Why do you have to do this? If you define the same structure for submain as you do for aa (as kshitiz suggested) then the copying of the content from aa to submain should be relatively trivial via FormAPI.If you are waiting until the save to create the structure within submain, then I think you'd have to play around with the DOM a bit in a manner not officially supported by FormAPI - but again - without knowing why it's difficult to know if there's a better solution for the desired outcome.