Requirement: Kick off a workflow whenever a file is created/replaced in a specific workarea
Advantages of IWAT trigger:1. WF will get executed only when new file is created.2. IWAT trigger script can be configured only to respond to new file creation event.
>>Every file system event [...] will have to be evaluated...Wrong. Catch CreateFSE Event, it fires when an FSE (file/directory/symlink) has been created. You may have to check created asset type, that's it.>>Every [...] branch/workarea will have to be evaluated...Wrong. createfse_filter=regex entry in the [iwserver] Section allows you to control event logging per Branch(or may be even WA, I never tried). Please note that AFAIK this feature has not been documented!Oh, by the way... Your Event handler does not have to read/parse Event Log to obtain any Event information.Upon invocation iwat (use it!) will call your Event handler with timestamp, user, role, area, path Parameters. iwatcreate (do not use it) will set corresponding Env Variables, etc...How to generate events on file create/rename/modify
. Responding to thousands of create/modify FSEs when I only care about 25 a month is how I would like to optimze the process.
...Correct me if I'm wrong regarding use of the iwat trigger: Every file system event...
Sorry Man, could not resist. Please note the excerpt from your original post My apologiesBtw, correct (read "unambiguous") parsing of the event log is not as easy as you may think
I still think this is a good way to do it. You may be looking at this script running 100 times a day. It may regex the path (depending on what the requirements are) and stop without doing anything, that will take almost no resources.